× Members

Statement of Reasons?

More
2 years 9 months ago #260930 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Statement of Reasons?
Thank you Sarah - name duly redacted!

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AliBee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #260982 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Statement of Reasons?
I well appreciate there are legal and maybe ethical reasons not to name panel members judges etc. On the other hand if such a person in a position of trust, responsibility, power and civic duty has performed particularly well or badly it is in the public interest to be aware of this. I wonder if there is any reliable alternative online arena where such information may be shared that anyone is aware of. I know my friend has had a same judge make a same legal error multiple times in cases he handled.
Or perhaps B&W staff at least know what the proper complaints procedure should be in case of obvious bias, incompetence etc?? Please?
Thanks, Denby

More
2 years 9 months ago #260984 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Statement of Reasons?
Hi denby

We have to be careful as we do not want to be closed down.

You can make a complaint to the Assessment Provider

Complaining to the PIP Assessment Providers

You might also want to involve your MP

Contacting your MP

If a Judge/Panel members get it wrong then you can ask for a Written Statement of Reasons you can then appeal to the UT if there is a legal error.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 9 months ago #261024 by suicidalgoldfish
Replied by suicidalgoldfish on topic Statement of Reasons?
I’m sorry
I didn’t realise that I was breaking the rules
I was just trying to be helpful to others but I understand that it could be used against you and I should have used more common sense

More
2 years 9 months ago #261052 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Statement of Reasons?
No apologies needed suicidalgoldfish. It is one of our roles as mods to help keep everything within acceptable legal boundaries, and your wish to help others is appreciated!

Catherine

More
2 years 9 months ago #261090 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic Statement of Reasons?
According to the Government's website,
www.judiciary.uk/about-the-judiciary/the...ibunal-jurisdiction/

"Except in cases which involve national security or evidence of a very personal nature, tribunal cases are held in public."

It seems that you can request a hearing in private at the discretion of the judge. I thought I had seen something about them being open to the public. The page is dated 2021 so has it changed?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.