Pip result

• an ex nurse
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 8 months ago #261711 by an ex nurse
Pip result was created by an ex nurse
Hi everyone,

Only 20 days after returning my pip review form I have unexpectedly received the decision letter this morning. I have stayed on the same award until 2025 (standard on both). Although I am relieved not to need an assessment, I did send significant evidence that my mobility has deteriorated, including a report from the hospital saying my mobility is severely affected, and was hoping for an enhanced mobility award . Will there be any type of medical report I can ask for if I did not have a medical assessment?

Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261712 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip result
Hi an ex nurse

I'm sorry that you have not received the award you were hoping for. You can ring up and ask for a PA3 report - which is the paper-based report that should have been produced prior to the decision being made.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, an ex nurse

• an ex nurse
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 8 months ago #261729 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic Pip result
Hi, if a pip review has been undertaken by a case manager only , will a PA3 still be available ?
many thanks

More
2 years 8 months ago #261732 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip result
Hello An ex nurse,

There should be a PA3 since they are required to record why they came to the conclusion they did. I have however heard of a few cases where in a similiar situation PIP have denied that there is one. Sorry about that,

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, an ex nurse

More
2 years 8 months ago #261748 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip result
Hi An Ex Nurse, I am sure you know but remember you have a month from the decision, not when you got it, I believe, to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. [Unless you can show good reason for late submission]. It is worth a go to get what you should get. The guides here will steer you on how to go about it, especially with the good medical evidence you have. Remember they are playing a numbers game with your life -"give her a bit and she won't make the effort to challenge us for more" -so do prove them wrong!
Best wishes and energy to you,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, an ex nurse, Catherine, Gary

• an ex nurse
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 8 months ago #261759 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic Pip result
Hi Catherine, I rang this morning and as you predicted there is no PA3 as the case manager alone made the decision. There were however some system notes, and the helpful call handler spent 25 minutes contacting other colleagues and eventually her line manager to see if I could be sent a copy of these system notes. The eventual outcome was I could issue a random access request for all the information held on me but this would likely exclude the system notes as I am apparently not entitled to see them. This would also take too much time to receive before the MR deadline.

The call handler looked over my decision letter and commented that it basically said nothing about how the decision had been made, the only justification being that the decision made last time was the correct one. Last time was two and a half years ago and things have changed but they have not acknowledged this . Makes a mockery of a review if they are just going to refer to a previous outdated assessment.

The call handler also mentioned a 2-3 week delay in Royal mail post and advised recorded or special delivery. She also quietly advised me to make sure I did everything in writing.

I am obviously at a disadvantage as I have no written explanation about how they reached their decision, is there any case law I can quote regarding this or is a bit heavy handed at this stage ?
Many thanks

Also thank you to Denby for your kind words it is appreciated .
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.