× Members

leap

More
2 years 6 months ago #264670 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic leap
Hi claira

Look at the News article dated 14/09/2021 'Final attempt to challenge LEAP review'
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4426-fina...hallenge-leap-review

They are looking for a test case and they maybe able to answer your question.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264718 by cw
Replied by cw on topic leap
so i have just searched and found my assessment report from 2016.
under mobility she has wrote' needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress'.
due to symptoms such as low mood, poor motivation, distraction, anxiety, poor concentration and auditory hallucinations she is unable to go out alone.
she is only able to attend medical appointments if someone is there with her.
it is reasonable to suggest she would require prompting to be able to undertake any journey, reliably and repeatedly'
so in the assessors words i am unable to go out alone and yet i was only awarded 4 points and they say the leap team already looked at my case and no change.
does this report what the assessor wrote go in my favour, if she is saying i cannot go out alone surely i should of been entitled to mobility from 2016.

can anyone give me their views, thanks

More
2 years 6 months ago #264721 by Gary
Hi claira

You may well have a reasonable chance, have you received DWP LEAP letter yet?

If you have then click on the link in my previous post, if you have not then chase DWP for the letter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264998 by cw
well i decided to once again send another letter to pip requesting that the leap team look again at my 2016 mobility, i sent the assessors report in which she has wrote that i am unable to go out alone and that its in her own words so therefore i should of been awarded mobility component i dont think they gonna change their minds despite the fact that i am entitiled but its last thing to try.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265014 by Gary
Hi claira

You seem to have done everything possible, it will be interesting to see what they decide.

Fingers crossed, good luck :-)

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 4 months ago #265923 by cw
well guess i should of known not to bother. got a letter back from pip today with the usual nonsense.
so after sending my second letter asking for my 2016 pip award to be looked at by the leap team i got this reply
says we cannot look at your decision again because you did not ask us to look at it until october 2021. you must contact us within one month if you want us to look at your decision again.
what load rubbish of course the leap team looking at my 2016 award is gonna be over a month its literally going back to 2016.
guessing i should give up with it not despite the fact that i know i should be entitled

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.