× Members

2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #264238 by Tj45
2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment was created by Tj45
I had my PIP assessment last week that took two and a half hours, it literally drained the life out of me. I suffer with vestibular migraines and was already sat in a
dark room feeling nauseous, nervous and wanting it over. My memory is bad due to fibromyalgia and EDS so I found the whole process extremely difficult. I have put off claiming PIP for a number of years due to fear but now need more support, I still fear that I may not of done the right thing as afterward they contacted my GP as I also suffer with mental health issues. My GP is fully aware of this as I have been under psychiatry for over 20 years, however the age old vile question was asked which I wont repeat on here. My GP who happens to be new actually took the time to contact me to check I was ok much to my amazement. I have no idea how things will go regarding my claim, but I shall use the resources here if it goes pear shaped, so thank you for that everyone in advance. I will say this to anyone waiting dor their assessment, I did insist on it being recorded and it took 5 appointments and me cancelling every single one because I insisted on them having recording equipment. They got the message in the end. I still secretly recorded it myself ‘Just’ incase as I have been down that road before with WCA where they lied and once I saw the report I insist everything is recorded or I don't go through with the assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264254 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj45

Two and a half hours is a long time for an assessment. Glad to hear that you survived it, in such challenging circumstances. I admire your tenacity in refusing to take part unless they recorded it. It's always good as you say to have a backup secret recording.

You know you can ring for a copy of your assessment report (PA4).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264262 by denby
Replied by denby on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj45, fantastic by you not caving in to their nasty pressure about the recording. Maybe if we can get the message around enough so masses of people insist it could at last become the norm. Though I have a funny hunch if this did happen we would all have to wait even longer for a while as so many iffy assessors would up and leave...!
Now all you have to do is after 48 hours request the report. It might make interesting reading! However since our daughter had duff reports off two recorded assessments, be prepared with your highlighter pen. Anything missing, wrong or twisted, if it will alter points, coldly set it straight in a letter to 'the decision maker' ASAP
Cheers from an EDS mum,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #264290 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Denby
I received the CDs and the PIP award both today, they didn’t wait around!! I was awarded standard rate only for daily living and nothing for mobility. I am going to ring for the report first thing. Part of me just wants it all to go away but the other part says no I should of been awarded more points for certain things I have a constant battle in my head with myself. I read that a lot on here so I know Im not alone. Thank you for replying I am alone a lot as my migraines and illnesses mean I have lost a lot of friends and family over the last 10 years so it actually feels nice to be part of a friendly community who ‘know’ and ‘get’ it if that makes sense. Sat in a dark room 5 days out of 7 alone can be very lonely at times.
Anyhow the letter conveniently is dated 10 days ago and I only received it today!! So I hope I get the report in time for MR I can already feel my anxiety and IBS bubbling
Thanks again for replying means a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy, denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #264291 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi BIS
When I opened the letters I was really surprised at how quickly they had done the award. Mind this has been going on since January!! Due to them trying to keep making appointments and I would keep ringing them up and ask ‘Is this recorded?’ as soon as they said no I would say then I need it cancelling as I need it recording, and on it went until they got the message. It was scary as hell to be honest and I would shake like a lettuce every time I rang. I eventually told them To stop leaving voice mails too as that just got me worked up and to only correspond by letter. I still don’t know whether to appeal this decision my head says I should my heart says just leave it you are too tired and have so many other things you are fighting, but then isn’t that what they want?? Hmmm my head is a little puddled at the moment.
Anyhow thank you for replying it means a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaddy

More
2 years 5 months ago #264293 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi TJ45

Don't rush, take your time, the first thing you want to do is ask the DWP for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4.

Once you get a copy go through it carefully, I usually use a highlighter to highlight any inaccuracies, once you have gone through the report you then set out why you are applying for a MR and go through each descriptor one at a time why you disagree with the assessor and try and match it with any supporting documents you may have sent in.

Once you have been through the report you will know if you want to apply for a MR or not.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.