× Members

2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #264915 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj45,
Two and a half hour assessment Ugggh!
Look, take heart, a lot of people who do their wrong PIP form get zero points, you have actually achieved a lot more than most!. Dud most of your points get scored as 2 points 'needs an aid=/appliance? Probably nothing specified either! This is DWP being cheap. Many people will think great I have PIP and not bother do any MR or tribunal appeal. My experience in this scenario is with a strongly drafted MR letter...'you have awarded 2 points for an an unspecified aid/appliance but I should have been awarded X points because if Y needs...' will often work wonders.
Please don't let DWP give you a cheap award. Fight for what you are worth.
Go for it!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Catherine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265118 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi LL26
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I had a chat with my GP this week as I have been really struggling with my health, hair loss, really horrific migraines and a lot of pain issues and I thought why shouldn’t I fight. I actually need this help, for instance its now 2.47am and I cannot sleep due to pain, these individuals have no idea what most of us go through.
Many thanks for replying I am going to sit down this week and finish it off and get it done and sent off and see what happens. I cannot thank you all for the support you have shown me on here, I feel part of special family.
Thanks again.
Tj x
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #265128 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Aw, bless your heart Tj45. I noticed with my pip review the assessor was more experienced in trying to trip me up. Whenever I answered their question they came back at me with another different question but it meant the sane. I though "hello" this is different. So yes, they've definitely upped their game. The barstewards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 4 months ago #265476 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi
Apparently because I know about my condition that actually went against me. I have a lot of ‘brain fog’ issues and in the recording you can hear me trying to answer, I have all the information wrote down infront of me I even tell her this, but in the report she states how confident I am about my condition. I stated in MR there is a difference in being educated and confident, because I want to know whats wrong with me that shouldn’t be held against me. I want to know what medication I take, I don’t just want to take anything and see what happens, I am an educated woman just because I have illnesses doesn’t mean I should be penalised. I hate how they want to demoralise us and make us feel somewhat lower than them and not a person/human like. I now have high BP is it any wonder the way they treat us!!!
Thank you for your reply, I hope you have a lovely weekend, Im unfortunately in the midst of a bad flare right now but I will get through it.
Takecare Tj x

More
2 years 4 months ago #265478 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj45

It can at times seem like wading throught treacle, as denby likes to say: Noli permittere ut pravi te submittant.

You are not on your own, when you are feeling low come on the forum and let off a bit of steam.

Let us know how you get on with your MR.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #265642 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj45.. We are not allowed to be intelligent AND be poorly..:blink:
Just mention Stephen Hawking, and see if that shuts them up…
It is very obviously NOT an indication that they have absolutely no idea what ‘brain fog’ actually is…I’ve had that one thrown at me too… (inaudible mutterings)…..
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.