× Members

2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment

More
2 years 5 months ago #264477 by denby
Replied by denby on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi sorry Tj45 only just seen your kind reply. Anyone who thinks they could be on the spectrum, self test is easy to access. Just search AQ50 which has 50 questions [there is an AQ10 for a quick guide]. Stands for Autism Quotient.
I've been told the wait for my assesment is two and a half years -but my friend did an FOI and at the present rate of assessments it will take our county in the Midlands SEVEN YEARS to get through the people already waiting.
Work that out.
But do pursue it, you may even be able to self refer armed with your AQ50 score. Being a legally protected characteristic or whatever does have some advantages if you can get the diagnosis.
Best wishes,
Denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264496 by Tj45
Replied by Tj45 on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Wow. Amazing. I have been having these since I was 11 and would you believe I have had those piercings. I have LOTS of piercings I have my tongue done 3 times unfortunately that never did anything for me although I have heard that darth piercings have worked for some sufferers. Im pleased for your daughter thats great news xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy

More
2 years 5 months ago #264497 by Tj45
Wow seven years. Yes my GP did say around a 2 year wait. I was offered it a number years ago by my psychiatrist but at the time was too fragile and turned it down. SIGH!! Thanks for the knowledge. Always appreciated.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264614 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj45. A couple of things….
1. You can self-refer to the ‘Autism Diagnostic Service’… look on the NHS website to see what is available in your area.
2. Daith piercings can be ‘hit and miss’ because they need to stimulate the vagus nerve to help with migraines (and Fibro) and most piercers don’t have the appropriate medical equipment to find it!! Google VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulation) for medical ones x
Also.. Good Luck!
They make things horrible so people go away x
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #264886 by Tj45
Hi Angel
Yes I feel that with every service. Most days I just wish the world would close and well you know the rest.
Having been in bed for the last few days as my MRI triggered a massive migraine and pain attack which they always do I haven’t been able to get on here so apologies for the late reply. I am really hoping I finally get to see a neurologist which the lovely PIP assessor got wrong even though she recorded it she claimed I had seen a neurologist. I wish. I have been trying for several years now and keep getting stopped at the ENT stage. Fingers crossed, this ENT assured me he has put that I NEED to see a neurologist that this has gone on long enough, but I have heard that before so I wont hold my breath and may have to save and pay privately.
Anyhow thank you for replying lovely to connect with you.
Tj x

More
2 years 5 months ago #264906 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic 2.5 hour PIP telephone assessment
Hi Tj,

all my pip assessments had gone on for almost three hours. My conclusion was that's normal especially when they bring out the big guns ( experienced accessors) to try to kick you off your benefits.

And yes it is very draining both mentally and physically.

regards.

regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.