× Members

ESA and PIP on reaching pension age

More
2 years 5 months ago #264828 by toriar
ESA and PIP on reaching pension age was created by toriar
I've got a similar question - I'm going to be 65 in February but I don't reach my pension age until the next February (2023) at 66. Are they moving everyone to their new pension ages or are they taking a set pension age of 65 for everyone? I was meant to have had my review already after 5 years but it was postponed until September 2022 because of COVID which is 6 months before I become 66. It's all so confusing. ty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #264844 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
Hi toriar

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

To find out your state pension age go to : www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

State Pension age of 65 no longer exists to new claimants, SP age is now dependant on the date of your birthday, M/F have now aligned, so it is the same date for both sex.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #264845 by freddey
Replied by freddey on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
hi toriar
u are not alone. i am also 65 in february 2022, my review was also posponed to jan 2023 , a month before my 66th birthday !!!. good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #264863 by toriar
Replied by toriar on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
Thanks Gary - sorry about bombing on someone else's question. I've read somewhere that if you're eligible for PIP at any time in the year before your pension age you are eligible for it to continue - is that true?

More
2 years 5 months ago #264864 by toriar
All fingers crossed for you too

More
2 years 5 months ago #264875 by toriar
Hi I've read that if you are eligible to receive PIP at any time in the year before your state pension age PIP will continue is this true?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.