× Members

ESA and PIP on reaching pension age

More
2 years 6 months ago #264904 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
Hi Toriar

If a claimant has been awarded PIP before state pension age - it will continue.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chilli07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264934 by Capyboppy
Replied by Capyboppy on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
Hi BIS.

I've just had my review done and it is for 10 years. I will be 64 January 2022. Does this mean if I am still alive in 10 years I won't have to go through a review again as long as my circumstances havne't changed?

More
2 years 6 months ago #264940 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
Hi Capyboppy

No it does not mean that, you will have what is known as a light touch review. Cannot tell you what that entails as no one has had one yet that I am aware of.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capyboppy

More
2 years 5 months ago #265622 by Magsikins
Replied by Magsikins on topic ESA and PIP on reaching pension age
Hi There, I know its several weeks since you posted about PIP and reachng 65 but I've only just come across your post. I would confirm that as in my Husband's case, yes if you are granted PIP before your 66th birthday (present retirement age) your PIP will continue. He has already been receiving PIP for the last 3 years and in August had to submit a review form. He thankfully received his confirmation of his continuation of PIP and his award and his award date is ongoing and so will take him well after his 66th birthday next March. Good Luck with your application.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.