× Members

Permitted work again

More
2 years 6 months ago #264899 by traceytracey
Permitted work again was created by traceytracey
Hi all,

I wonder if anybody has been in this situation and if it made any difference to their ESA.

I am on CB based ESA support group (new style I believe) since 2018. Untill January of this year I was doing some permitted work of 15 hours per week in a doctors surgery answering the phone. I had to leave as after sheilding they couldn't keep me safe.

I have been home since then but my mental health has suffered so my psychologist suggested I get another job so that I have some interaction with other people. I went for an interview 2 weeks ago and they offered me the job on the spot :), they have agreed that I can work as a "bank" receptionist, which means I can choose to work between 0 and 15 hours pw depending on how I feel, which is brilliant of them.

I have called DWP and informed them that I am thinking of doing some permitted work, I have filled out a PW1 form and sent off with a covering letter recorded delivery,

However even though they allowed it as permitted work before (I am basically doing the same job) I am absoluetly petrified that the will say its not permitted and stop my benefit. I am within the guidelines i.e less than 16 hours per week and under £143 pw. My anxiety is going through the roof at the moment,

Am I being silly?
Can they just stop my benefit?
Has anybody else done permitted work, stopped and then started again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264946 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Permitted work again
Hi traceytracey

You may want to seek advice from a Welfare Rights Organisation who can take all your circumstances into consideration; You can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

The Government have issued a fact sheet on permitted work.
www.gov.uk/government/publications/emplo...itted-work-factsheet

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #265032 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Permitted work again
Hi Tracey. I used to do permitted work that was intermittent (p/t term time only).
I think that being clear that you have purposefully chosen a job that gives you a high level of flexibility is perfect for you (due to your condition/s). Explain that ‘fixed hours’ is detrimental to your health as you know you are not always physically/ mentally up to it.
I think it shows character myself. Good for you x
It should not throw up any problems if you spell things out clearly. I did Permitted work for 5 years before I had to give it up. It does make a difference to your Mental Health definitely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #265036 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic Permitted work again
Hi Angel

Thank you so much for your reply, you have understood perfectly :)

It is very encouraging to know that you did permitted work for so long without it affecting your ESA. It makes me feel slightly less anxious , my practical brain tells me I am within limits etc, my anxious brain tells me to panic, stupid I know, I am normally such a level headed person (well most of the time lol ).

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, i will post again once I hear something x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel

More
2 years 6 months ago #265044 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic Permitted work again
Hi all,

Just to let you know I have recieved a letter today stating that the work I will be doing is permitted. :)

When I sent the PW1 form off I attached a letter explaining what I would be doing and how anxious I would be in waiting for their reply, I think because of this I got a prompt response. This has made mw feel sooooooo much better.

I am in the process of sending a "Thank you" card because clearly somebody actually listened. I am not saying they get it right because clearly they don't however I feel that if you praise the percentage that do it may encourage others to follow (maybe wishful thinking) but I have always belived that a pat on the back goes a long way.

I have not quite lost all my faith in humanity yet!!
Thanks, once agin

Traceytracey

More
2 years 6 months ago #265054 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Permitted work again
Hi traceytracey

Thank you for your posts along your journey, it will help others in your situation just as Angel helped you with.

Wish you all the best in your new job, as you state a pat on the back does give encouragement to others. B)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.