× Members

Supreme court ruling

More
2 years 6 months ago #264902 by Patsy19
Supreme court ruling was created by Patsy19
I am thinking about sending a letter to dwp to review the 2 points I received for engaging with other people. Could this possibly jeopardize my current award of high mobility? Also, if they do not review the 'prompting' in my favour, would I be able to appeal. Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264924 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Supreme court ruling
Hi Lady P

Any MR can jeopardise your claim, your can start your MR by saying you do not disagree with the mobility award but that you disagree with the daily living component.

You need to set out what discriptors you agree with and which ones you disagree with and why, if you can link the descriptors you disagree, with medical evidence then that will help you.

If you disagree with what you have been awarded then yes you can appeal. What you should not do is appeal just because you do not like the decision, you have to show they have made an error in their findings.

Use the PIP the guides to help you decide,
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264926 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Supreme court ruling
It is not a mandatory reconsideration I am doing. I have been in receipt of the award for 2 years. I am referring to your sample letter regarding the supreme court ruling requesting a review of points scored for engaging face to face.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264932 by Gary
Hi Lady P

I miss read your question, I assume you are talking about the LEAP review, have a look at : www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4426-fina...hallenge-leap-review

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264935 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Supreme court ruling
No, I am talking about the supreme court ruling regarding the definition of social support and prompting in the engaging face to face with others section. The dwp have just announced in September they are going to trawl through claims, and benefit and work have published sample letters to contact dwp direct

More
2 years 5 months ago #265025 by Gary
Hi Lady P

I believe I have found what you were requesting, it was from our news article dated 26th September called Search finally begins for claimants owed up to £16,000 in PIP back-payments www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4431-sear...in-pip-back-payments

It takes you to a 6 page guidance document on this issue that B&W wrote a year ago
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/?dlp=61707752f4203

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.