× Members

Supreme court ruling

More
2 years 5 months ago #265037 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Supreme court ruling
Thanks, I have already read the guidance,but it doesn't discuss my query which is that if I proactively contact dwp to ask them to review my points awarded for 'engaging with others' , would that jeopardise my current award of mobility. Also, if they dont review the engaging with others points in my favour am I entitled to appeal it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265057 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Supreme court ruling
Hi Lady P

We have heard from members on the forum who asked DWP about reviewing 'engaging with others' only to be sent a review form for their current claim.

I would advise you to seek help from a local Welfare Rights Organisation, I believe that if you try to appeal a decision that is over 13 months old then you will be out of time.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265059 by Patsy19
Replied by Patsy19 on topic Supreme court ruling
Have members received a review form for the whole claim even after they have sent the sample letter published by yourselves? You say after 13 months an appeal may be out of time but it is not an appeal. Benefits and work is advising people to proactively contact dwp with a sample letter regarding engaging with other people.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265067 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Supreme court ruling
Hi Lady P

You are getting things mixed up

I am not aware of any members who " received a review form for the whole claim even after they have sent the sample letter published by yourselves" I was talking about members who contacted DWP themselves after hearing of the LEAP review on social media and other formats.

In regards to "You say after 13 months an appeal may be out of time but it is not an appeal." I was answering your question "if they dont review the engaging with others points in my favour am I entitled to appeal it".

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.