× Members

Leap Review Tribunal win. Swear Words

More
2 years 5 months ago #265796 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Leap Review Tribunal win. Swear Words
Hi Adam,

......a classic case of the treatment you get for proving the DWP wrong.

Need I say more?

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265797 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Leap Review Tribunal win. Swear Words
Hi @adamwest.

This may answer your Question. The DWP have recently introduced this regarding backpay.
See full information here and in the link supplied at the bottom of this message.

High value payments

Q: What is the definition of “high value”?
A: The Large Payment process applies only to those one-off payments over £2000, with the exception of UC, where it is double the standard payment amount.

Q: My understanding from the meeting (and it would help if the written policy on HVP was publicly available) was that the HVP will apply to almost all PIP claims and many thousands of ‘standard’ UC claims. Is that correct?

A: The Large Payment process will only apply in instances where a one-off payment over £2000 is being issued (with the exception of UC, where it is double the standard payment amount). In these cases, a light-touch check of the customer’s information is undertaken to identify potential vulnerability. If there is no vulnerability identified the payment is issued in the normal manner, with no delay.

Q: Will customers get a clear statement of the full amount they are owed?
A: The normal processes will apply when issuing the payment, i.e. the customer will receive any usual decision notification and other relevant information.

Q: What are the markers, and does the claimant/their representative have the right to know that their claim has them?

A: The Large Payment process does not rely on utilising identifying markers, a light touch holistic check is undertaken to consider potential indicators of vulnerability or risk e.g. history of drink or drug abuse, modern slavery. Any customer can exercise their individual rights under GDPR to request copies of personal information held by DWP. Any markers that may be used within DWP (e.g. PIP Additional Support markers) have not been introduced as part of the Large Payments process.

More in this link www.rightsnet.org.uk/?ACT=39&fid=11&aid=...ayAd67IoR&board_id=1

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 5 months ago #265798 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Leap Review Tribunal win. Swear Words
Here is the full legislation on this situation your in.

Amendment of the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1987

2. After regulation 21 of the Social Security (Claims and Payments) Regulations 1987 insert—

“Payment of arrears of benefit by instalments

21ZA. Except where regulation 23 applies, the Secretary of State may pay arrears of benefit in instalments where—

(a)the Secretary of State considers it is necessary for protecting the interests of the beneficiary; and

(b)the beneficiary agrees that those arrears may be paid in instalments.”.

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/1065/made

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.