× Members

PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP

More
2 years 5 months ago #265825 by Zoe052506
PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP was created by Zoe052506
I have just rang PIP.
I have been told they have rejected my Mandatory Reconsideration a decision was made yesterday letter will be in the post.

I have tried local CAB but even with using the guides from benefits and work taking them with me, and the request for MR letter I drafted they used a book and was not helpful at all.
The lady didn't listen to me, other local people have had the same issues CAB not really supporting as expected.

Where can I go to get support with the APPEAL?

I need help breaking down the information DWP hold as well as putting into words.

I am in debt because I have to still pay the additional travel & treatment costs.

I can't afford to pay someone to support me through it and fill forms out, being a representative etc.

What can I do?
Who can I contact?

A lot of life changing things have happened The past 3 months, I have no-one to ask for help i have no one I can go to.

My sons DLA is up for renewal I've got to fill that out as well but I mentally can not cope with all this on my own.

Please can someone help me?
Please can someone tell me where I can get help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265844 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP
Hi Zoe052506

Have a look at my answer to your previous post, www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...s-results/137309-pip

I did add a link to find your local Welfare Rights Organisation, if you click on the link, add your postcode it will give you a list of local Welfare Rights Organisations in your area.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265847 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP
If the decision made is the same as original one with a straight no then you should consider taking it straight to tribunal.

You can ask for a copy of your patient summary from GP's reception, and your medical notes. Also checking they actually used all the information you send, letters ect, as sometimes they make the mistake of missing things out, you will see this on the evidence used part of the medical report, did you ask for medical report from PIP.

There may be organisations who can help that are related to you and your son's conditions, ADHD websites often have dedicated help from experts who can help you with form filling. Ask about for local support groups or even at school.

Gary did send some helpful information for the link to the Welfare rights organisations too.

There are Facebook groups who can help you with advice for PIP appeals and there are some excellent guides on here that members have used many times in their claims.

Good luck

greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 5 months ago #265859 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP
Hi Zoe052506, this is another option
Kester Disability Rights - helping people across the UK
disabilityrights.org.uk
Kester Disability Rights is a move away from the traditional charity advice model to one that is independent and sustainable. We are not-for-profit with all money raised from cases being reinvested to maintain and grow services. Independence is guaranteed by all funding coming from disabled people so we are a rights-based service.

If they take on your case you will pay them 25%
"You can’t lose with Kester Disability Rights,
because all our resources and advice are FREE and the
only time the question of a charge arises is if we take on your case and then only if we WIN.
Charges capped at 25% of the total gained.

No other charges whatsoever."
PIP success rate over 90%

I had not heard of them until another forum member posted her delight at the success they got for her, and my friend who is something of an expert talked to them on the phone and was satisfied they are genuine and competent.
Hope this may help, Denby

More
2 years 5 months ago #265905 by Zoe052506
Replied by Zoe052506 on topic PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP
I have looked at the link.
Unfortunately my local authority do not offer any support other than CAB.

The welfare advisory service is a chargeable service in my area.

My conditions are extremely variable.
I do not have a set professional involved as the typical treatment/management does not consider other health difficulties.
For example for my shoulder the physio requires using both hands against as wall, I can not do this as my wrists flare/cause extreme discomfort.

Mental health I have adhd review every 12 months.
Up until recently no other input other than medication due to implementing CBT stratergies daily.
Recently had a referral for a review.
I have plenty of hospital/GP records as I requested all data.
This got sent with my forms.
I had statements from my partners mum, my carer at the time, other parents, my mum, even sent an impact statement myself.

I have an advocacy service involved however they can not support with benefits due to being victim based advocacy service.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265909 by Zoe052506
Replied by Zoe052506 on topic PIP APPEAL & CHILD DLA RENEWAL HELP
i have just had the paid service advertised on LA website ring me.
they do not offer support for my area also they only help with form filling for claim not appeals.

the only welfare service in my area is CAB which previously i have accessed and the lady i seen was contradicting what she was saying.
when i referenced benefits and work documents she still tried arguing that she was right even though she was sat reading out of a book while "advising me".

as it currently stands there is nowhere to turn to.

is there any further advice that can be given or any other services that may assist?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.