× Members

PIP assessor sitting in on online pain management

More
2 years 5 months ago #265826 by Tessybel
Hi.
I was referred to a pain management course online as a means of getting further help with my chronic pain. Specifically I was told that it was the only way to get facet joint injections or other forms of pain management.
This 2nd week I noticed a PIP assessor sitting in on the course. I'd like to know if anyone thinks this could adversely affect future assessments
Thanks
T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265841 by Gary
Hi Tessybel

I have no idea and not seen any posts on the forum.

I thought I would open up your question to forum members who may have more information.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tessybel

More
2 years 5 months ago #265843 by AliBee
How did you know they were a PIP assessor?

More
2 years 5 months ago #265846 by phrank

How did you know they were a PIP assessor?

.......exactly what I thought. In any case, why wouldn't a PIP assessor sit on a medical course? Surely this would add weight to their credibilty as a health care professional.

Hidden agenda? Well I must admit it does sound fishy. The assessors I've encountered along my numerous journeys have been very sketchy on everything but for the most basic of medical knowledge.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265848 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic PIP assessor sitting in on online pain management
Hi T, Perhaps they were sitting in to gain further knowledge in their assessing.

I am due to join a pain clinic for help and I am not sure I would like it if an assessor from PIP was in my group and I would question why.

Yes everyone has to learn but there ARE other ways, and I would feel this was a step too far to my private safe group where we talk about our pain, if indeed this was a PIP assessor; this could be a breach of confidentiality.

greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tessybel, TheHud, Angel

More
2 years 5 months ago #265849 by Angel
I agree with GQ Tessybel… is it an NHS course??

If a ‘private NHS provider’ service it raises serious issues/ questions about patient data and how it is used by private companies. Is this our future then?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tessybel, TheHud

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.