× Members

PIP from standard award to enhanced

More
2 years 3 months ago #266962 by ELIZABETH1960
Replied by ELIZABETH1960 on topic PIP from standard award to enhanced
Thank you very much for taking the time to write lengthy posting.
I don’t have family close so pretty much on my own.
I am slow low in mood right now...my dog is keeping me going, she need me....
apologies no disrespect intended...
I have a fair few health issues to contend with on any daily basis...chronic pain being the worst....until more recently having been diagnosed with Neurological functional disorder, this has broken me, albeit the wrong colour icing on a cake....
My speech is affected, stuttering, retaining information is near in possible because of poor memory, difficulties in finding words that go absent within seconds of attempting to convey, my thoughts instantly vanish, recalling them are impossible, my cognitive function is cooked....
I’m half the person I use to be...
My last pip assessment 3 yrs ago did not take any of my cognitive function difficulties within my pip application form on board.. I didn’t appeal because I had no supporting evidence and no diagnosis had been confirmed. I recollect DM stating in report that there were inconsistencies, perhaps because of having drugs on board..
My neurological function was not as bad then as it is now, although I had sensed something was not right back them.
I loaded up on Valium to get me through the assessment...I didn’t bring this to assessors attention at this time..
I was as cool and calm as a bloody cucumber, I could have easily fallen asleep...
I think what has really upset me the most this last week is I had to see a clinical psychologist referred to by neurologist. The purpose being for further assessment..
Assessment, ididn’t go well. Incompetence came flooding into my mind.I couldn’t grasp the simplest of tasks, this just reinforced hopelessness.
Psychologist has referred me back to neurologist..I don’t know whats coming next....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #266967 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP from standard award to enhanced
Hi Pauline

Thank you for your words of encouragement, it does help fellow members.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pauline

More
2 years 3 months ago #266981 by Pauline
Replied by Pauline on topic PIP from standard award to enhanced
Elizabeth, I feel your despair in your words.
Your story and experiences is almost identical to mine.
Like you, it was my dogs who kept me going. I needed to stay strong for my dogs because they needed me. Sadly my little yorkie passed away at Christmas, but I still have to keep going for my other beautiful dog, they need us.

I was rejected completely by PIP several years ago. I gave up and I shouldn't have done. I was in so much pain confused, unable to cope. But that was only because I allowed the whole PIP stuff to take over and fill me with fear because I was on my own and in chronic pain. If I could go back in time even though I am worse now, I would have handled it differently.

You said in your post.
"Assessment, ididn’t go well. Incompetence came flooding into my mind.I couldn’t grasp the simplest of tasks, this just reinforced hopelessness.
Psychologist has referred me back to neurologist..I don’t know whats coming next...

Please try not to read into your psychologist assessment as been negative.
Because, having FND makes us unable to grasp the simple tasks.
This can go in your favour. It did for me.

Meanwhile, and I know its difficult.
Concentrate on what you can do now with your review form.
Just spend a day listing on a sheet of paper how FND affects you and any other health issues you have.
It will help you find the words you need to express yourself on the review form.
FND is a disability and it is not easy to live with.

PIP should not expect you to be able to write perfectly, because your disability makes it difficult to do. FND causes distractibility and affects your ability to focus correctly.
Make sure you say on the review form that you have multiple neurological problems and find it difficult to write and always express yourself, its important to write this down.

I wish you all the best, you can do this.
keep going and give your little dog lots of hugs :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.