× Members

ESA reduced- it doesn't make sense. Confused!

More
1 year 5 months ago #274798 by CAT_FANATIC
Replied by CAT_FANATIC on topic ESA reduced- it doesn't make sense. Confused!
Well I have finally had this reversed and the expnation for it is unbelievable!

A few years ago I applied for Carer's Allowance because I look after my mum (she has vascular dementia). The result was that I had an 'underlying entitlement' to Carer's Allowance, but that my ESA cancelled it out. So I just put that aside and carried on.

What happened earlier this year is that someone saw that I had applied for it, and had been entitled to it, so they put it down as income received, even though I've never had it. The amount that has been being deducted from my ESA is this.

*enter expletives and eyeroll emojis here*

Good grief.

Thank you all for your help. I wanted to update you all on the nonsense!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #274804 by Gary
Hi CAT_FANATIC

You can now at last take a breath, you were right it did not make sense, but now that you know, it makes perfect sense .... :woohoo: :silly:

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.