× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration declined

More
1 year 11 months ago #269884 by Nikki-White
Mandatory Reconsideration declined was created by Nikki-White
I’m felling really down at the moment

Applied for a review in circumstances in June 2021, as both my physical and mental health was getting worse

Had my pip assessment on the 8th of February and the. Declined on the 17th of February

I recorded my assessment, and in the note parts it seems that they wrote down what I was saying but for the rest of it was Zeros because I had no secondary mental health input (never mind I’ve been on a waiting list for a few years at this time, which I had sent in the referrals for)

And that I can drive

In the assessment I explained that I was just diagnosed as asthmatic, and that when I explained about my difficulties in walking and that I have a walking stick they asked in I had a blue badge, I replied not yet as still waiting for the application, which happened a few days after the assessment and I got my blue badge and again I sent this in before they made the decision.

So when a advice group help, I applied for a Mandatory Reconsideration on the 10th of March as I needed to wait for my PA4 form and help for the advice group

Called today to be told that the decision was made on the 29th of April and it was declined again so now waiting for the letter to see why it was rejected again.

Since I made the MR, I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, finally have appointment with a phycologist with my mental health and been put on the waiting list for a referral for the adult autism Team

When I applied before

I was given the 10 points for mobility for planning and making a journey
4 points for daily living which went to 5 after the last appeal I needed to do.

I feel so tired and don’t know if I have the strength or mental engineer to go though with the further appeal

I don’t know what else I can send them, sent all my referrals, summary of appointments

I just feel done

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #269931 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Mandatory Reconsideration declined
Hi Nikki-White

I can feel you pain, you are not alone. I come across many claimants who have received zero points for both the initial claim and for the MR.

Do not give up, I can understand how it can be disheartening to fill out the forms as best you can only to be turned down.

Your next stage is to appeal which can be done online within one month of the decision date, you may need to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation or Law Centre; advicelocal.uk lawcentres.org in appealing and producing a submission.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #269960 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Mandatory Reconsideration declined
They are b***s aren't they Nikki-White? I send you my sympathy and encouragement 'vibes' as I too am waiting for my assessment for ASC, probably got Asperger's but it is a two-year wait at the last info. But as Gary says please do not give up. There are so many of us here reading your post and willing you on.
If you need, but can't get any help from Gary's link, try Kester disability rights, they are a bona fide no-win/no-fee organisation. Better let them take a cut and get your appeal won for benefit going forward than do nothing if you are too exhausted to manage it.
Denby

More
1 year 11 months ago #270411 by Nikki-White
Replied by Nikki-White on topic Mandatory Reconsideration declined
So finally got my letter

I can drive so I can do everything else, even tho I told them I needed a stool to even think of making food, but I can drive

Also not had any accidents, or fire brigade input or hospital admission - thats cause most of my meals are either ping meals or simple sandwiches

Its like they have taken what I said a twisted it

More
1 year 11 months ago #270421 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mandatory Reconsideration declined
HI Nikki-White

It can be painful to read the PA4 and understand their reasoning. I know you said in a previous post that you don't know whether you have the energy to appeal further. I can't tell you what to do here, except that more people win at appeal than they do at the Mandatory Reconsideration stage.

Driving does not automatically preclude a claimant from being awarded PIP, but it will be considered. For instance, if a claimant says they don't have the physical strength to cook themselves a meal, the assessor will wonder how that same claimant can safely drive a car. I would argue they are two entirely different things and driving may be a necessity. Eating too is a necessity, but plenty of people don't get adequate nutrition, thought apathy, depression, physical difficulties, motivation etc. In my experience tribunals or more understanding of a claimant driving, although I have known a couple of occasions when they have said the claimant should have informed the DVLA that they were not fit to drive.

Have a look at the guide to PIP appeals and see whether you want to put in an appeal. If you don't want to now, you can still put in for a late submission and explain that you were not in the right place to do it any earlier.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270468 by Nikki-White
Replied by Nikki-White on topic Mandatory Reconsideration declined
The advice group that is helping me has put in for the appeal

Its not just the driving

So for the aids and assistance for preparing food, and washing a bathing, they ignored the fact I need a stool to be able to sit a try and prepare a meal and need to hold onto my sink and use a stool to get i to my bath (been referred and on the waiting list for Occupation health which I sent in as evidence to them). And because I can drive

I just feel so tired, and my stress and anxiety is so bad

But as I go to the cinema 2 time a month with a friend who does the driving, my social aniexty doesn’t exist

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.