× Members

Should I pay for a doctors up to date letter to support claim

More
1 year 11 months ago #270095 by Mrsjaffa13
Thank you so. I have I have paid for a letter and am awaiting apparently up to 21 days. I am a bit nervous as had a fantastic doctor by my surgery moved and have had huge staff changes and never seen the doctor who is writing the letter. I did however tell them how it affects me so am really hoping it will be a true reflection .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270241 by Angel
If you are not happy with the letter, ask for a redraft and ask for your notes/ comments to be included.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 11 months ago #270318 by Nickburnett
I have been fighting the DWP since March 2021 to try and get PIP.
After the MR they still had awarded me only
2 points, so MacMillan's suggested I try to get a Doctor's letter ready to go to appeal.
Got the letter sent off, free of charge btw, on Thursday got a call out of the blue from the DWP saying I had been awarded the enhanced rate, 12points!
So I would say, even if you have to pay for it, it's worth getting a Doctor's letter
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS, Angel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.