× Members

Transitional protection

More
1 year 11 months ago #270247 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Transitional protection
My head’s in a knot now :( :( :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270251 by Angel
Ok. So with ‘managed migration’ I will get the ‘full difference’ [between ESA(IR) and UC] of £45.71 as a Transitional Payment, but this will go down each year as everything else rises with inflation (rent/ UC etc). So I’m being screwed but in a long way…..

* apologies, I have been looking at ‘natural migration’ elements..

Not remotely confusing……. Not you the DWP… ! Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh….

More
1 year 11 months ago #270260 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Transitional protection
..and Gordon. Even if the amount does come out to be level initially, with no inflation protection in it and inflation heading for a predicted 10% by the end of the year, especially on basics, the erosion will be swiftly damaging. Just read the B&W news item re Lloyds Foundation report, for anyone who hasn't seen it, too.
Denby

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #270273 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Transitional protection
Hi Angel

Yes you are :ohmy: ....... over time you will loose the Transitional protection :angry:

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel

More
1 year 11 months ago #270284 by Angel
Thank you Gordon and Gary.

In other news, I have also found out (during my several hours of reading legislation) that there is a draft bill in place to ABOLISH Discretionary Housing Payments. So people will be screwed even further… No mention of that in the Queen’s Speech…. :sick:

More
1 year 11 months ago #270322 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Transitional protection
Oh my goodness Angel!!! We have a contact in council Supported Housing and it is only this 'pot' that allows them to get homes for many people AT ALL. Eg by topping up the UC beyond the Local Housing Allowance [LHA, easily looked up for any area] to the rent a private landlord can afford to go down to. Also sometimes things like curtains for refugees I believe.

Incredibly well done for bringing this to light,

MODS please consider a news item?

Thanks,
Denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.