× Members

Review form for pip

More
1 year 10 months ago #270214 by SuzyQ
Review form for pip was created by SuzyQ
Hi, I am looking to review my pip award and not sure which form I need and how to go about it. I was awarded the standard rate for help with my daily living needs and nothing for mobility in 2018. My award was for 4 years, with an extra years extension because of covid. I have rheumatoid arthritis and had a full right knee replacement in 2017. My mobility was not good at the time and I was really struggling with my day to day living inside and outside the house. Things have really deteriorated over the last 18 months, I am going in for a second knee replacement next week 19th May and have just been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my right hip. My husband is practically doing everything for me at the moment. So I really need some advice on what to do next. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270217 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Review form for pip
Hi SuzyQ

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

You can notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances by phone or by letter. This will trigger a new claim for PIP, and you will be sent a PIP2 form. A PIP2 form is the form that you filled in when you originally applied for PIP. Any awards from your new claim will be back dated to when you notified DWP of a Change of Circumstances.

As to the award, the current one should remain in payment until a new Decision is made subject to the End Date not being met, if it is then it will be down to the DWP to decide whether to extend it or not, currently there is nothing to suggest that they will.

Your change of circumstances will result in a new Decision, the DWP can make one anywhere from no award to an On-Going one and can increase or reduce the level of the award as they feel appropriate.

Remember, a worsened condition does not necessarily mean the claimant is entitled to an increased award, they may not meet the criteria to score higher and even if they do, not sufficiently for a higher award, they also need to face the vagaries of an assessment.

Do have a look at our PIP guides to help you make this decision. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270226 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Review form for pip
Hi SuzyQ, do just be aware about the 'you must have had it for 3 months and expect it to last for 9 months ' thing [if I have the numbers right?], ie DWP might try to make out that your next op will cause a miracle cure to all your mob challenges!!!
best wishes,
Denby

More
1 year 10 months ago #270229 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Review form for pip
Hi denby

You are correct

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 10 months ago #270238 by SuzyQ
Replied by SuzyQ on topic Review form for pip
Hi Gary
Thank you so much for your advice, I'm not very good at talking about my ailments or asking for help. But I will definitely have a look at the links you have given me and hopefully they will give me the information I need to make my decision.

Many thanks
Sue

More
1 year 10 months ago #270239 by SuzyQ
Replied by SuzyQ on topic Review form for pip
Hi Denby
Thank you for your advice, I didn't realise that saying I am to have a new knee might go against my claim. However the osteoarthritis in my opposite hip is giving me more pain than anything. I can barely put my foot on the floor, the pain is so bad right the way down my leg. It is constant whether I'm sitting down or lying in bed, I can't sleep as the pain keeps me awake at night. Were as I only get pain in my knee when I'm standing or trying to walk. I realise that things might settle down after my op but I can't see that it's going to make such a dramatic difference. I'm wondering if I should wait till after my op before getting in touch with the DWP?
Many thanks
Sue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.