× Members

MR decision letter -> Question

• prefer not to say
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #271714 by prefer not to say
Replied by prefer not to say on topic MR decision letter -> Question
Thanks
I have already had MR turned down. It was paper assessed again & DWP did not contact me for more information, so I am (was - as I submitted yesterday) at the appeal stage.
As for standing to cook - I have looked at perching stools & they look like they are something to lean against, rather than sit on. Is this not the case? I confess, that I have only looked at online photos in how they used & looked unsuitable to me. I am not averse to spending money on aids to try me to do something. as I would rather be able to do something - than not! Especially as I enjoy cooking!
It is weight on my ankle that causes a great deal of pain & discomfort. If I do not have weight on them, then it's just a dull ache most of the time.
Thanks for the advice. Will wait & see what DWP comeback with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271724 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic MR decision letter -> Question
Hi prefer not to say,
Very disappointing to hear that your MR was refused. This is often the case, but success at tribunal is much more likely! (Despite DWP MR refusal!)
You will need to fill out a SSCS1 form which can be done online. Most if the questions are personal stuff, or about availability for a hearing etc.
You will need to complete the reasons in grounds of appeal. You can simply say DWP has refused to award benefit because they have failed to understand the true extent of your disabilities, or something similar.
Since I believe you have written a full MR letter you do not have to repeat everything, you could add that DWP has ignored the evidence you have produced.
Alternatively you could copy and paste the MR info and make the comment you have done this because it has been ignored.
You can add more info to counter anything additional from the MR.
Please note that if you use the online form you can type your reasons in the relevant box. However if you type a lot here the formatting goes weird so when the papers get printed out for the tribunal it comes out as one long paragraph no gaps!
In this case upload the reasons as a separate document. Label each page clearly with name and NI number. ( nb you will get a copy of the papers too, as will DWP.)
If you use the online form you can get notification by text as to receipt of the appeal, and other important events relating to the appeal hearing.
Remember that you have one month to lodge the appeal, unless you can argue a good reason for being late. Your appeal may not be allowed up be heard if you are late without such reason.
Concerning so called perching stools.
This is technically a fold away high stool that can be used alongside the cooker. You can pull it out when needed and then fold it away when not in use. Very useful for narrow kitchens. If you can not stand and cook, the idea is that you could use such a stool to help you to be able to cook. Obviously you could use a more flimsy foldaway stool, or a stool would help and you have the space, you could use any suitable stool. The use of any such stool, if reasonably required, whether officially a perching stool or just a normal kitchen or bar stool. could comprise 'using an aid/appliance and should entitle you to 2 pts - 1b.
Of course unless you can peel, chop, read packets, understand cooking timings etc, whilst a stool might offer some assistance, it won't negate the need for physical help.
I hope this helps.
Good luck with the appeal.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.