× Members

Would like to say a very BIG thank you

More
1 year 10 months ago #270869 by William
I can thank you enough for your PIP guide, :)

I went through the dreaded PIP review recently which as usual stressed me out no end just the thought of picking up the form!

I've suffered mental health issues all my adult life, perhaps longer. It wasn't until 2015 that someone encouraged me to apply for PIP, which I was awarded.

Two years after that initial award I was assessed in person and because I was having an 'ok' day they cut the PIP benefit down, since then i had a few reviews, each time not really knowing what to put in each of the descriptors.

The last 18 months I suffered a heart attack, then stroke which has left me with cognitive impairment and compounded my mental health.

It wasn't until recently when I got another assessment through that I did some research for guidance and came across your PIP guidance guide.

Looking through the guide I realised that I had made a number of mistakes over the years and over the weekend I received the PIP letter through to confirm they've moved me onto enhanced rates for both daily and mobility components until 2026, which is a big relief !

For me, it's never been about the money from PIP it's the fact that my disability is recognised and I'm very thankful I came across your guide which helped me a lot and my wife who also helped completing the form this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, denby, magdelena, SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270872 by peter
Replied by peter on topic Would like to say a very BIG thank you
Hi William

I am so glad it turned out well for you.

Regards
Pete

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: William

More
1 year 10 months ago #270880 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Would like to say a very BIG thank you
Hi William

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations. We are pleased that you found the guide useful, the back office do an excellent job at keeping the guides up to date.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: William

More
1 year 10 months ago #270904 by William
Replied by William on topic Would like to say a very BIG thank you
Thank you Gary, it's taken a massive strain off me and the guide in itself was a really big help and support.

Thanks

William

More
1 year 10 months ago #270917 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Would like to say a very BIG thank you
Hi William

Supporting posts such as yours does help give fellow members a lift and the will to carry on.

If you are struggling on your own it can be quite demoralising at times, so it can be empowering to read a positive out come and the journey that lead to it.

So thank you for spending your time explaining your journey :silly:

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena, SUE C C, William

More
1 year 10 months ago #270949 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Would like to say a very BIG thank you
Hi William,
It's a big well done from me too! As per the previous posts, PIP journeys are often difficult, and positive news from people like yourself really does encourage others. It is very easy to give up on PIP (and other benefits,) because the claim process is simply too onerous. It is also good to know that you have found our website helpful.
Again, well done.
LL26

The following user(s) said Thank You: magdelena, SUE C C, William

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.