× Members

Pip - Anxiety and depression

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290749 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic Pip - Anxiety and depression
They tried to abolish Attendance Allowance in 2016 you can still find reference to this on this website.
The local councils did not want responsibility for the extra work involved in implementing care instead of cash, as far as I understood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290752 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Pip - Anxiety and depression
Hi Gary,

Thank you; I hear your point. But...

I fear you missed my meaning. Nobody has anything until they have it; when I (or anyone) applies for a job, they aren`t paid from the day they applied, they are paid from the day they start.

I have the utmost respect for you and your fellow (and fellowess?) advisors on this site, but surely it makes sense that if benefits are only paid from the point of approval then white papers, regardless of government, in to savings on benefits wouldn`t be needed.

With regards,

Andy

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290753 by Andrew
Hi C,

Please read my comment again; I was referring to new applications, not reviews (or the results of reviews) of payments already in place.

With regards,

Andy

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290761 by Jones1988
Replied by Jones1988 on topic Pip - Anxiety and depression
Hi Andrew,
It is a gimmick to gather right wing support for Thursdays local elections. It is a standard ploy according to the " scapegoat theory " of politics to blame an out group. Blaming out groups such as the disabled and immigrants is a feature of the Right throughout history. The Tories say that PIP claimants are getting £thousands per month when all they need is a grab rail.
No doubt before the general election the Tory papers will have " stories " about the lazy and cheating disabled just as they have in the past ( see Guardian article ).
www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/m...bled-people-benefits
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, denby, Anji

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290771 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip - Anxiety and depression
Andrew,

It's likely to do with your mannerism of wording - it can be very offensive and upsetting towards genuine claimants at times. It's like, most things that you comment about, seem to take a dig at people with disabilities and/or other health issues.
This is likely why you received a warning last year about what you say, and why not all of your posts will be approved - they're simply too offensive, and it's certainly not what people come on this website for - they come on for support!

Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, denby, Donna2512, Wendy Woo, C, Anji

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290785 by Andrew
Chris,

My comments are not meant in an offensive manner and I certainly do not "take a dig at people with disabilities and/or other health issues", neither intentionally or unintentionally.

I am who I am; I think, I write and I speak the way I come across in posts; no malice or hatred intended - I say it as I see it. I`ve not had any problems with the way I communicate / interact until now.

I value the advice I have received and continue to receive, even if not specifically aimed at me. To this end, I will now refrain from making make any more comments because it`s clear that people do not like challenging discussions / subjects.

Andy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.