× Members

MR PIP decision letter update 😨

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291618 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi Anji,
You do not need to resend what you have already sent to the DWP. Eventually all the letters and evidence will be put together in a 'bundle' and each party will be sent a complete copy of the bundle. The idea being that everyone has a copy of everything.

You might want to make reference to what you have sent in before - e.g. I cannot do x, y z which is supported by the letter from Dr A dated 1st January 2024, which I have already submitted to the DWP. Entirely up to you.

I have sometimes submitted my appeal in two parts. This particularly happens when someone I have not met before arrives asking for help with an appeal and I am clueless as to the case we can present. I then submit the appeal sometimes saying nothing more than 'Mrs Client disagrees with the DWP's recent decision to only award her standard rate Daily Living and no Mobility. We will be submitting more information within the next few weeks'.

Not the most inspiring of appeal cases, but I have never known the Tribunal Service to come back to me say that it is not enough, although I have always followed it through with a proper additional submission within two weeks.

Hope this helps,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291619 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Oh - and sometimes when I think I have done a cracking good job with a MR submission I just resubmit that saying 'Mr Client disagrees with the DWP's recent decision. Please see attached MR Request for details.'

Basically, if I have put everything I can into that, why spend time rewriting it!

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291622 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Brilliant thanks Catherine really helpful. I’ll write it tomorrow listing and referencing!!!

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291623 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hello again Anji,

When I submitted my son's appeal, I began with a very brief history of his difficulties and said why I disagreed with the DWP's decision. I went on to say I agreed with the points awarded and then concentrated on the descriptors for which I felt he should have received points but was awarded nothing. I didn't mention any descriptors for which I felt he had little hope of obtaining any points. I kept it all as brief as possible, so it was nowhere near as long as the letter I wrote for the M/R. I did include a letter from my husband detailing the support he gives our son with getting to and from work, but this was the only extra evidence I submitted.

Obviously, this will all be slightly different in your son's case, but you have already provided so much evidence I doubt you need to worry about sending too much more and, in any case, you should be able to add any you feel is necessary at a later date.

I can guess how you must be feeling - I was wracked by indecision until the moment I pressed the "Submit" button, and I spent the following month coming to terms with the idea of having to attend a tribunal. I was very glad that, in the end, we didn't have to go that far, but I now feel that this was the only way to get someone with any authority to look at the evidence instead of relying solely on the assessor's report.

I'm sure one of the Moderators will be able to give you some accurate and possibly more objective advice, but my own feeling, with hindsight, would be just to get on and do it and worry about it afterwards! If you change your mind, you can always withdraw the appeal, or so I understand. I suspect you probably have very good grounds for putting in a late appeal, but if it were me, I wouldn't put this to the test, even though I procrastinated right up until the very last minute!

Wishing you the very best of luck,

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Gary, Anji

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291629 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi Wendy Woo

You give sound advice, have you thought about becoming a moderator? 😉

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291631 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hello Gary,

That's very kind of you, but PIP and Carer's Allowance are the only benefits I know anything about! It's nice to be able to help where I can and I'm learning such a lot by reading other people's posts on the forum - maybe one day, when I have a bit more knowledge! :)

Best wishes,

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.