× Members

IB50 Form

More
14 years 2 months ago #15717 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:IB50 Form
You could try the Job Centre, have all your ammunition at hand though in case they try and fob you off, however in addition I would seriously be inclined to contact your MP and involve them in this matter.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marijo
  • Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago #15718 by marijo
Replied by marijo on topic Re:IB50 Form
I would be happier if things were a bit more clearer - is it worth waiting for you guys to look into it further?

• marijo
  • Topic Author
14 years 2 months ago #15720 by marijo
Replied by marijo on topic Re:IB50 Form
I just wanted to say thanks for all your help with this conundrum. I appreciate the energy you are spending on this and I will be so glad when its all done and dusted.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15722 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:IB50 Form
marijo wrote:

I would be happier if things were a bit more clearer - is it worth waiting for you guys to look into it further?

What is clear is that there is legislation out there together with procedures concerning this matter. What isn't clear is are the DWP and/or ATOS circumventing this legislation and the procedural guidelines or has the legislation/guideline s changed. This is why I suggested contacting your MP who [hopefully] can cut through the no doubt red tape that you would encounter, they may be able to get an answer directly from the Minister responsible.

Of course it's up to you whether you want to take advantage of this facility, namely your MP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 2 months ago #15827 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:IB50 Form
Gareth wrote:

marijo wrote:

What is clear is that there is legislation out there together with procedures concerning this matter. What isn't clear is are the DWP and/or ATOS circumventing this legislation and the procedural guidelines or has the legislation/guideline s changed. This is why I suggested contacting your MP who [hopefully] can cut through the no doubt red tape that you would encounter, they may be able to get an answer directly from the Minister responsible.

Of course it's up to you whether you want to take advantage of this facility, namely your MP.

Whatever you decide you can write and complain, but in the end you must complete and return the IB50 within the deadline, if you don't wish to risk losing your benefit.

Failure to do so will mean that you are automatically found to be capable of work, despite the totally unsatisfactory predicament that you are currently experiencing with your continuing entitlement to IB.

• nikkko
14 years 1 month ago #16853 by nikkko
Replied by nikkko on topic Re:IB50 Form
After finding myself in a similar position to the o.p. i took the letter to my MP route
She, on my behalf,wrote to the manager of my local JC+ , part of the reply is as follows
"In addition it may be helpful if i explain that procedures regarding sending a ib113 to a customers GP changed in October 2008.Medical services Referral System Release 2.1 was introduced to bring incapacity benefit pca's into alignement with ESA, WCA's .The decision as to whether or not to contact a customers GP became the responsibility of ATOS Healthcare"

Has anyone on this forum got any more info on.."Medical services Referral System Release 2.1" ,from october 2008. I have searched and found nothing becase this appears to be the criterea for the change in procedure
Also the DWP go on to say in thier letter that they "always automatically issue a IB50 before deciding whether to contact a customers GP.The decision regarding the issue of IB113 is made at the scrutiny check stage following the return of the ib50"

Further into the letter i quote the part that brought a smile to my face re:

"Again it may be helpful to mention that your constituent is 61 years old and therefore able to claim pension credit , if he claimed pension credit he would not be required to attend any medical examinations" :dry:

I did not know that the dwp are in the position of providing incentives :laugh:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.