× Members

re referral

• peterth125
  • Topic Author
14 years 1 month ago #17025 by peterth125
re referral was created by peterth125
in your guide to understanding ESA on P11.No 5. on re referral scrutiny it states they will review your previous medical report and current ESA50 and if evidence of functional improvement since last medical you may be called for a further medical.
i was placed in work related group in sept 09 and have just returned a further ESA50 form last week.today i received a letter asking me to make appt for medical.why would this be when no functional improvement has been made.also as i am now 60 will i still have to have a WFHRA aftermy medical.sorry for waffling but a bit confused

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
14 years 1 month ago #17040 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:re referral
peterth125 wrote:

in your guide to understanding ESA on P11.No 5. on re referral scrutiny it states they will review your previous medical report and current ESA50 and if evidence of functional improvement since last medical you may be called for a further medical.
i was placed in work related group in sept 09 and have just returned a further ESA50 form last week.today i received a letter asking me to make appt for medical.why would this be when no functional improvement has been made.also as i am now 60 will i still have to have a WFHRA aftermy medical.sorry for waffling but a bit confused

Hi,

It is dificult to know without full access to your claim. It could be that for example GP or other evidence submitted has indicated that there may have been functional improvement, hence ATOS hasve requested a new medical.

It would be worth contacting the office dealing with your claim to find out the reason.

pete

More
14 years 1 month ago #17041 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:re referral
Hi,

In relation to the WFHRA, I'm honestly not sure as very few people have been for a second assessment as yet.

My guess is that because you are unlikely to be called for more than one work-focused interview after you are reassessed then it is unlikely that you would have to have a further WFHRA.

But I couldn't say with any certainty at this stage.

Good lick,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pete17971
14 years 1 month ago #17044 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:re referral
To the Op, my apologies - I missed that last question on your posting which Steve has kindly answered above (I have been awake all night due to pain and for some reason I missed the last part of your post).

Pete

• peterth125
  • Topic Author
14 years 1 month ago #17054 by peterth125
Replied by peterth125 on topic Re:re referral
thanks for the advice.i rang today and was told it had to be reviewed after 6 months.this was what the dr wrote at the end of my WFHRA but not at the end of my original medical.i will just have to go along and see what happens.not sure they know themselves as i asked about having another WFHRA and she didn t have a clue how to answer me.i will let you know what happens after my medical at end of march.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17055 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:re referral
Hi,

ESA truly is a mystery to all concerned - including the people responsible for dreaming it up.

It's ridiculous that the doctor who did the medical examination - such as it is - isn't the one who decides when you should next be checked.

Do please come back and let us know what happens on the next bit of your magical mystery tour.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.