× Members

Help with the new DLA 580 renewal form

More
13 years 11 months ago #18803 by Chris
Hi,
I have just recived the DLA 580 4 page renewal form, and I`m dreading filling It In and sending It.
I`m on a 3 year renewal cycle, Its only been 2 years since I last had any dealings with them.
To cut a long story short....
I had been on LRC Indefinitely since the early 1990`s, In 2007 I asked for my claim to be looked at again, and after a year, yes !! a year, of appeals, lost forms, I finally got my claim changed to HRC and HRM, with the help of a Welfare Rights Advisor.
I knew this day was coming, but after all the stress I went through last time I want to make sure this renewal wont end up the same way.
I got a e mail when this form came out giving tips on how to go about filling It In, but I cant seem to find the link on the site.
I have read on the forum people have sent the form In stating no change, and had problems.
I still have all the Information I sent them last time, photographs, medical reports etc, as my conditions have not changed, I was just going to resend all of that Information with the current date, a copy of my current perscription stapled to this 580 form.
Has anyone got any advice to help ?.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ruffles
13 years 11 months ago #18808 by ruffles
Replied by ruffles on topic Re:Help with the new DLA 580 renewal form
Hi I would sujest that you must be carefull
because from what i have noticed when people say no change they seem to think
that your condition is stable. I would send
in medication info and evidence as much as
you can obtain. As we get older the conditions we have tend to worsen.I would
ask your gp to write a letter that your
illness effects you and has got no better
and will not improve if you have a good gp
you will find that they will help.Dont get
upset use there own system against them.
good luck i will watching to see how you
go on. I used the web site the info will
steer you through.

• letitia
13 years 11 months ago #18813 by letitia
Replied by letitia on topic Re:Help with the new DLA 580 renewal form
hi chris, if you click on the disability living allowance in the dark blue section ,then click on the DLA claims you will find the what you are looking for ,not good at sending links ,but i think this is what you are looking for ,,The Best Possible Disability Living Allowance Claims For Adults On Physical Health Grounds,

there is also one beneath it that deals with mental health grounds ,,

all the best letitia

More
13 years 11 months ago #18815 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Help with the new DLA 580 renewal form
Check out these news item(s) in the Members Only News section.

DLA short form con update

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 11 months ago #18858 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re:Help with the new DLA 580 renewal form
Thanks for all the help, as I said I have all the medical stuff from the previous claim, along with loads of stuff pre typed out, as I cant hold a pen or write I got someone to type It all out for me.

Is there anywhere I can download the full DLA claim form, so I can send It along with this, and staple all the pages I have ?

Cheers

More
13 years 11 months ago #18866 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Help with the new DLA 580 renewal form
You can download and print off a DLA claim form from here:-

Here

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.