× Members

What happens if...

• Survivor
13 years 7 months ago #26507 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:What happens if...
Judy wrote:

Yes, obviously hiring a naked butler to hoover the house isn't going to wash.

:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #26508 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:What happens if...
But I may have a number......

More
13 years 7 months ago #26516 by alan10one
Replied by alan10one on topic Re:What happens if...
Hi,
maybe one of you good chaps could advise me on where I stand.
I was made redundant after having an operation which did not work.
I was back at work for one week when I was told I was going to be finished.
I at first claimed JSA for about 1 month but was advised due to a limited capability of work to get on ESA.
My condition became much worse which I had been told it would and some time after was awarded high rate Mobility after seeing a doctor from DLA.
I was also, some time before being made redundant involved in an accident at work but only had 4 weeks off with sick pay.
I am now in court action against my former boss 1 for unfair dismissal 2 Disability discrimination and 3 accident at work not my fault.
I had a letter from the DWP telling me no money is recoverable for the accident at work as that is not what I am on ESA and DLA for.
What I would like to know is this..I have paid out of my own pocket to take my old boss to court over the way he treated me and I have a fair chance of winning but if I do win this unfair dismissal and disability case will I have to pay my winnings over to DWP as they have done nothing to help me take my old boss to court.
Plus I would have been on ESA and DLA anyway in the end.

Please do your best to answer.

Jim

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.