× Members

ESA appeal - won

More
13 years 7 months ago #27156 by julesg
ESA appeal - won was created by julesg
I won my ESA appeal today - 10 months after my medical. The Atos doctor scored my 0 points the appeal gave me 24 points (12 physical and 12 MH), if only the original doctor had asked me the same questions I would have got through in the beginning. What a waste of funds.....and maybe I would have recovered from my depression earlier if I had not been so stressed without any money.
i've also been awarded DLA (mobility) so no longer feel i'm on the edge of destitution.
Any way its worth fighting - so don't give up
:laugh: :laugh: :)
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #27160 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
Hi Jules

Congratulations on winning your appeal with 24 points.

I've known many people who feel they have no chance after scoring zero points, I'm sure your result will offer a lot of encouragement to many.

I agree with your second point that the stress of appealing does not help, it only hinders any effort you make to improve your health.

Best wishes

Derek
More
13 years 7 months ago #27161 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re: ESA appeal - won
Congratulations on winning your appeal, but what shame you had to apeall in the first place & be put under yet more stress. ATOS & their LIMA computer programme are clearly 'not fit for purpose'. I hope you make a good recovery from your depression.
Best wishes
maggie
  • denni
13 years 7 months ago #27171 by denni
Replied by denni on topic Re: ESA appeal - won
Congratulations Jules & well done on winning your appeal. How did you find the Appeal ( silly question i know ) .I am waiting for my appeal date.
More
13 years 7 months ago #27182 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: ESA appeal - won
Hi Jules. Well done on winning your appeal and thanks for letting us know, it does give hope to people who are going through the system. It is true that if the ATOS people listen to you and consider the medical evidence at your actual medical it would save a vast amount of money time and worry. Best Wishes
More
13 years 7 months ago #27268 by julesg
Replied by julesg on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
having had that good news yesterday - I went to work today (been back at work 5 weeks,) to find my employer is unhappy about my work and my colleagues don't think i fit in with the team.
Not sure I can cope with the stress and anxiety - I can see me visiting my doctor for a new 'fit note'asap

Can anybody tell me what will happen if I go back to claiming ESA?
Will I have to go back to assessment phase and a new WCA medical for me to fail again etc etc.......advice gratefully received
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.