× Members

ESA appeal - won

More
13 years 7 months ago #27704 by homec67
Replied by homec67 on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
How were the questions asked by the Appeal Panel different from those asked by ATOS please?
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #27731 by james1959
Replied by james1959 on topic Re: ESA appeal - won
Well done i was similar ,they awarded me 6 points,i appealed and got 18, unfortunaly the time it took to win my case ment that the 1st year was just about up,I have been for another medical this time i was claiming for mt Mental Health side as well,suprise suprise,the usual 0 points on every thing now i must appeal again.
  • The Thing
13 years 7 months ago #27736 by The Thing
Replied by The Thing on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
julesg111 wrote:

I won my ESA appeal today - 10 months after my medical. The Atos doctor scored my 0 points the appeal gave me 24 points (12 physical and 12 MH), if only the original doctor had asked me the same questions I would have got through in the beginning. What a waste of funds.....and maybe I would have recovered from my depression earlier if I had not been so stressed without any money.
i've also been awarded DLA (mobility) so no longer feel i'm on the edge of destitution.
Any way its worth fighting - so don't give up
:laugh: :laugh: :)

What questions were asked at appeal?
More
13 years 7 months ago #28242 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
Hi Jiles,

Sorry to hear about your problems at work. There are linking rules in relastion to ESA - the 12 week linking rule means that two periods of being unfit for work that are less than 12 weeks apart count as the same period. There is also a 104 week linking rule that may apply if you have been back at work for 13 weeks.

But do please get advice before taking advantage of the linking rules if you possibly can.

if there is any possibility that your problems at work may be connected to your health condition then you may have a claim against your employer for disability discrimination. Again please try to get advice.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • neville
13 years 6 months ago #29778 by neville
Replied by neville on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
DepressedDerek wrote:

Hi Jules

Congratulations on winning your appeal with 24 points.

I've known many people who feel they have no chance after scoring zero points, I'm sure your result will offer a lot of encouragement to many.

I agree with your second point that the stress of appealing does not help, it only hinders any effort you make to improve your health.

Best wishes

Derek

• neville
13 years 6 months ago #29789 by neville
Replied by neville on topic Re:ESA appeal - won
julesg111
wrote:

I won my ESA appeal today - 10 months after my medical. The Atos doctor scored my 0 points the appeal gave me 24 points (12 physical and 12 MH), if only the original doctor had asked me the same questions I would have got through in the beginning. What a waste of funds.....and maybe I would have recovered from my depression earlier if I had not been so stressed without any money.
i've also been awarded DLA (mobility) so no longer feel i'm on the edge of destitution.
Any way its worth fighting - so don't give up
:laugh: :laugh: :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.