× Members

Passed IB medical

More
13 years 5 months ago #28676 by alex g
Passed IB medical was created by alex g
Hi

I posted the other week to say i had passed the IB medical.

My next review is Feb 2011.

I received a copy of my medical report today and interestingly the doctor has put severe depression and anxiety. He advises the claimant's condition should improve within 18 months yet my review is Feb 2011.

Just wondering why the review is so soon i assume its because when they review men next it will be under the ESA WCA assessment.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28704 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: Passed IB medical
Hi alex, Although your review is Feb 2011, the way things are going with the IB/ESA it could actually take place later than that. Mine is August 2011. I would just wait and see what happens so long are you are receiving your correct amount of benefit, The systems are clogged up at present depending where you live, some areas are worse than others. Best Wishes

More
13 years 5 months ago #28706 by alex g
Replied by alex g on topic Re: Passed IB medical
Thanks Jeff am i right in assuming the next review will be under ESA WCA asessment and not IB.
Thanks

• Catherine
13 years 5 months ago #28803 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re: Passed IB medical
Hi Alex.

I can appreciate why people are recommending 'sitting tight' and 'not rocking the boat if one's benefit is in place', but i do think it is odd and potentially extremely unfair to subject you to another review so soon, especially as the person who carried out your medical has suggested one in 18 months.

I can see the benefit of an early review if it means you end up slightly better off financially because you are placed in the ESA support group (and may well be the reason for the timing of your your review?) but i don't know if that is guaranteed (am no expert on WCA) - i suppose it may depend on whether your mental health improves or worsens and which doctor/nurse/decision-maker ends up involved in reviewing you.

Some people currently on IB will be found fit for work due to ESA being a more difficult test (hopefully you won't be one of them as your conditions are deemed 'severe'). In my mind you belong in the support group - allowing you to access help with future employment if and when you feel up to it - without any pressure.

If however, you (or anyone else in your position) were found fit to work - not only would you be right to appeal, you may also have a very strong case to complain, as the review was premature -unless correct procedures have indeed been followed regarding migration process.

I am keen to know what is going to happen to people who are 'sitting tight' because their IB is in place, but end up being one of the first to be reassessed because they failed to be reviewed under IB rules - even though over-due. People could end up on JSA early next year even though they would have been entitled to IB for awhile longer if they had had their medical when it was due.

Also, what about those like me who have been made to complete an IB50 (maybe despite being exempt last time), but have heard nothing more? Will we simply be asked to complete an ESA50 when the reassessment process begins or are we now guaranteed a review under IB terms and conditions?

Has anybody asked Jobcentre Plus/the DWP these sorts of questions?

So far i have pretty much gone along with the 'sitting tight' option but cannot say i feel comfortable with it - especially as i received compensation for distress (deemed to be caused by a drawn out review) in the not too distant past.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Worrying definitely won't help, but i do think we need to keep an eye on the ball regarding the re-assessment of people on IB.

Take good care of yourself Alex

Best wishes

More
13 years 5 months ago #28810 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: Passed IB medical
Hi Alex & Catherine, If you receive form IB50 then as far as i am aware your medical will be under the guides for Incap/Benefit, and not ESA. Perhaps one of the mods could clarify. Best Wishes

More
13 years 5 months ago #28826 by kerryman
Replied by kerryman on topic Re: Passed IB medical
I dont agree with sitting tight, and i dont go along with the theory that they are too busy to sent out IB50 forms.
After all everything is computor generated.
Myself and my solicitor see it as a abuse of power.
My own IB review date was last may,so after not hearing anything i instructed my solicitor to write recorded del to the DWP.
The DWP wrote to me saying the are sending my details to ATOS on the 1st Sept this year.
I have not had anything through the post yet.
If i have not heard anything from ATOS by mid OCT i will be writing to ATOS about my IB review.
If nothing else i am keeping them busy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.