× Members

Passed IB medical

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #28829 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re: Passed IB medical
kerryman wrote:

I dont agree with sitting tight, and i dont go along with the theory that they are too busy to sent out IB50 forms.
After all everything is computor generated.
Myself and my solicitor see it as a abuse of power.
My own IB review date was last may,so after not hearing anything i instructed my solicitor to write recorded del to the DWP.
The DWP wrote to me saying the are sending my details to ATOS on the 1st Sept this year.
I have not had anything through the post yet.
If i have not heard anything from ATOS by mid OCT i will be writing to ATOS about my IB review.
If nothing else i am keeping them busy.

Its only a matter of time before the DWP start to say, if they the energy to chase us for a medical they have the energy to work .....

they would usse the evidance you picked up the phone and called a legal advisor to say you can work in a call center ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28830 by kerryman
Replied by kerryman on topic Re: Passed IB medical
Thats why i use a solicitor and always Enclose a letter written by my wife and signed by myself with any correspondence giving my wife permission to write on my behalf

• Catherine
13 years 6 months ago #28833 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re: Passed IB medical
I personally think we need to try and rise above/ignore hurtful type comments about being 'fit to work' if we have the energy to tweet, contribute to on-line forums, make a complaint, join a protest march etc.

We all know that we have good and bad days whether our illness is a physical/ mental one, or a complex mixture of both. In order to be considered fit for work - we really would need to be capable of supporting ourselves financially in sustainable employment.

Speaking out is helping me combat what i can only describe as 'fragile self esteem' - a feature of the fluctuating condition i suffer with and exacerbated by the treatment received at the hands of the benefit system and discriminatory attitudes.

Whilst 'shooting oneself in the foot' regarding the IB migration process, may not be wise - i personally will continue to speak out against the irresponsible and unethical actions of our government and its medical provider.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28842 by kerryman
I will post if i hear from ATOS, I will also post when i/my wife sends my/our letter to ATOS if i dont recieve anything soon.

• Pusscat
13 years 6 months ago #28843 by Pusscat
Replied by Pusscat on topic Re: Passed IB medical
Hi all

Okay, I have no idea if this is the right place to post this question, but I hope you don't mind me doing so.

Can anybody tell me if the score you get on your ESA form has any bearing on the result of your work capability medical. I need to know as I have received some important information today which could make a lot of difference to my appeal.

Any help would be much appreciated, if I've posted in the wrong place, then point me in the right direction, thanks :)

More
13 years 6 months ago #28845 by kerryman
Dave wrote:

kerryman wrote:

I dont agree with sitting tight, and i dont go along with the theory that they are too busy to sent out IB50 forms.
After all everything is computor generated.
Myself and my solicitor see it as a abuse of power.
My own IB review date was last may,so after not hearing anything i instructed my solicitor to write recorded del to the DWP.
The DWP wrote to me saying the are sending my details to ATOS on the 1st Sept this year.
I have not had anything through the post yet.
If i have not heard anything from ATOS by mid OCT i will be writing to ATOS about my IB review.
If nothing else i am keeping them busy.

Its only a matter of time before the DWP start to say, if they the energy to chase us for a medical they have the energy to work .....

they would usse the evidance you picked up the phone and called a legal advisor to say you can work in a call center ;)

Their are laws in the UK to protect people who are stoic and reilient
lack of appearance of discomfort

CM/166/1988 states that just because a claimant does not appear to be in discomfort does not mean that he or she was not. "Pain can be born in stoic silence".

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.