× Members

Supported by GP

More
13 years 6 months ago #28761 by flo1
Supported by GP was created by flo1
Will it make any difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #28765 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Supported by GP
Is this for ESA or DLA?

DLA can be awarded without a medical, and if you can supply strong evidence when you submit your claim, then it helps the decision maker to make a decision without sending you for a medical.

For ESA, you have to have a medical, but the decision maker can take into account other evidence if you provide it.

So if you can get your GP to write a report/letter supporting your claim and giving specific details, then this will be worth submitting.

Don't forget to look at the guides in the help for claimants section on how to make a good claim.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28767 by flo1
Replied by flo1 on topic Re: Supported by GP
Survivor wrote:

Is this for ESA or DLA?

DLA can be awarded without a medical, and if you can supply strong evidence when you submit your claim, then it helps the decision maker to make a decision without sending you for a medical.

For ESA, you have to have a medical, but the decision maker can take into account other evidence if you provide it.

So if you can get your GP to write a report/letter supporting your claim and giving specific details, then this will be worth submitting.

Don't forget to look at the guides in the help for claimants section on how to make a good claim.

Hi,

For both really, but most importantly for ESA. I have DLA until 2012 (whether that will change now, I don't know) but I have an assessment coming up - currently on incapacity and I guess it will be for the ESA. My GP fully supports me and I've got by in the past, but I wondered if I need to ask her to be more specific on the forms?

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #28770 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Supported by GP
If you're currently on incapacity benefit, then unless you're in one of the pilot areas, you won't be reassessed for ESA just yet.

I think it would be well worth a trip to your GP to discuss anything you want her to mention.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28775 by flo1
Replied by flo1 on topic Re: Supported by GP
Thanks for your replies Survivor.

My assessment is due end October so I will post the outcome.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28811 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: Supported by GP
Hi Froglet, Do you attend any hospitals for out-patient apps? or have you a consultant if so they will usually do reports for you. The more supporting evidence you get the better. Best Wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.