× Members

what will i lose

More
13 years 5 months ago #29105 by bongz22
Replied by bongz22 on topic Re:what will i lose
uu shud read your own post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #29109 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:what will i lose
bongz wrote:

I have already checked that and he is on a relevant course,i spoke to CB and they said the course(not a degree!)he is doing still qualifies for CB.thanks anyway.

strange if he is at "uni" and has a student loan ? then I think IMO the advise from the CB could have been wrong

I cant think of any course done at uni which is not higher level even foundation courses are of a level above the threshold for CB to be paid ...... I would seek advice from an adviser ....... is it one of the newer unis that was an FE place before ???

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #29111 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:what will i lose
I think that if someone seeks help here and outlines their position, we should normally take what they say at face value.

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #29113 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:what will i lose
Survivor wrote:

I think that if someone seeks help here and outlines their position, we should normally take what they say at face value.

agree but the postion outlined with the use of the word uni is confusing me? and worries me as the advice given by child benefit might be wrong and if it is wrong is not the first time is it ?

More
13 years 5 months ago #29115 by bongz22
he does not have a student loan and is just 18.i have been through all the legalities.if you check CB website it shows what qualifies and what doesn't.his course qualifies until he is up to the age of 20.would be a different matter if he was doing a degree but he is not.maybe others should check with CB directly,they are all very approachable and helpful if given the correct information,which they had from me.people should not be afraid to talk to DWP they will assist when possible.thanks for your interest though.

More
13 years 5 months ago #29117 by bongz22
thanks.i have never used a forum before and was hoping to get some help.not to worry thankyou for your time though.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.