× Members

ESA - CBT

More
13 years 2 months ago #44440 by potter
ESA - CBT was created by potter
just reading about esa and what people with mental healrh problems may be put through.

so was wondering if anyone on here had any first hand knowledge of the COGNITIVE BEHAVOIR THERAPY courses and what they actually entail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44456 by bubs
Replied by bubs on topic Re:ESA - CBT
Hi potter,The short version is. The therapist wil work with you to identify and understand your problems in terms of realationship between your thoughts,feelings and behaviour.
I have had many sessions. They have shown me how to use my mind and mind excercise to help me with pain and depression.So its all to do with your thoughts and feelings and how thoughts and feelings about ourselves can effect our mood and body.They teach how to use your mind to think good thoughts and to understand all the goings on with your mind and of course they listern to your problems, but are mainly there to teach you good thoughts and when to recognise the bad ones and what to do about them.

Best wishes Bubs

More
13 years 2 months ago #44461 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA - CBT
potter

You could have a look at the following Wikipedia article.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 2 months ago #44477 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Re:ESA - CBT
l was given therapy but the therapist and myself agreed it was no good it was not cbt but it was very intense therapy works for lots of people but not for all

More
13 years 2 months ago #44478 by chubbster
Replied by chubbster on topic Re:ESA - CBT
Hey

I have received CBT as a treatment and I can highly recommend to anyone. What will happen is you will be given tasks to do to see what affects and how it is affecting you mentally. There are four components to the cycles I cannot remember them! The essence of CBT is that if you can break one of these components you break the cycle. I can say hand on heart that doing the CBT course was THE best thing that I have ever done.

Andy

More
13 years 2 months ago #44900 by potter
Replied by potter on topic Re:ESA - CBT
thanks for the replies.

just a few more questions.

1 how many times do you have to go to these sessions and over what time period.

2 is there any chance of being excused from these tests on your GPs advice.

3 and if you are compelled to go but fail to attend then what sanctions will be taken against you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.