× Members

PCA Letter today saying capable of working

More
13 years 1 month ago #50349 by Gordon
whitehorse wrote:

Hi When I filled in my form I reckoned I had many more points than I needed but they only gave me 3. They also said I needed 15 points rather than the ten I believed to be the case. All my problems are with mental health issues not physical.

It's ten points if you only score on the mental health tests otherwise it is 15.

This can be 15 points on only the physical health tests or a minimum of 6 on mental health (counts as 9) and 6 physical.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #50350 by Gordon
whitehorse wrote:

Feeling really stupid. What's ESA?

Employment Support Allowance (ESA), is the replacement for IB and was introduced in late 2008. Even though IB and ESA are equivalent as incapacoty benefits, because the the medical tests are different, you can apply for it, providing none of the other factors I mentioned prevent you doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 1 month ago #50459 by whitehorse
Replied by whitehorse on topic Re:PCA Letter today saying capable of working
Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

More
13 years 1 month ago #50505 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:PCA Letter today saying capable of working
ESA is the benefit that has replaced Incapacity Benefit.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Fina...upport/esa/DG_171894

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.