× Members

contrib based ESA 12 months

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #53095 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: contrib based ESA 12 months
Tommo wrote:

Thanks Gorden but I'm still confused ... whats the difference between CB esa and IR esa... ??

ESA(CB) and ESA(IR) are paid at the same rate, but you can only get ESA(CB) if you have paid enough NI contributions and you cannot get ESA (IR)if you have more than a certain level of income or capital.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #53096 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: contrib based ESA 12 months
Tommo wrote:

Thanks Gorden but I'm still confused ... whats the difference between CB esa and IR esa... ??

You get Contribution Based ESA if you have paid enough NI during the relevant period, if you haven't and you meet the means test requirement you can claim Income Related ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #53298 by tommo
Replied by tommo on topic Re: contrib based ESA 12 months
Thanks again for the replies... Sooo I receive CB ESA.. I live alone have no partner .. I have no savings... I've been put in the WRAG group... Will my ESA be time limited..? :unsure:

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 weeks ago #53306 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re: contrib based ESA 12 months
Hi Tommo, ESA is not time limited, but contribution ESA is limited for 1 year.(ie the contribution bit is limited to 1 year).

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #53312 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re: contrib based ESA 12 months
Here's two points

1. It won't be time limited if you qaulify for the support. An awful lot of fresh appeals will be aimed at the appellant getting inmto the support group to avoid this 12 month limit

2. Many claimants now, get the age related addition of Incapacity Benefit. This rate (as well as the standard rate) is protected on migration to ESA
but if their 12 month time limited Contrib ESa runs out and they have a partner in work, or savings over the limit, they will not be entitled to ESA (unless its the support group) and when their savings diminish to a ESA claimable level or their partner no longer works, their ESA claim will be treated as fresh, and they wont get their 'old' rate of age related IB. The gap in their entitlement will have extinguished their transition al protection. I beleive this to be correct, unless someone can point to a provision

This may well mean that a claimant ends of on ESA of over £10 a week less than they 'used' to get not long before. Another mechanism for the Govt to save money

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #53434 by tommo
Replied by tommo on topic Re: contrib based ESA 12 months
Fedup wrote:

Hi Tommo, ESA is not time limited, but contribution ESA is limited for 1 year.(ie the contribution bit is limited to 1 year).

Best wishes,
Rachel

Thank you Rachel and XFactor... Still a bit confused ie contribution bit ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.