× Members

fibromyalgia

More
12 years 11 months ago #54489 by melrose
Replied by melrose on topic Re:fibromyalgia
Hi, Ive just been diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia and it is indeed very painful and distressing. Mine was not diagnosed for some time as I have Chronic Chrons Disease and Chrons related arthritis. It was only when I continued having bad pain in my joints and muscles despite not having swelling that they began to look at other problems. To be honest for me, one of the worst aspects of it is that I feel absolutely wiped out most of the time, like Im coming down with a bad case of flu. Im currently waiting on an ATOS 'doctor' to do a home visit, but I had the 'eureka' moment of requesting a copy of all the correspondence between the hospital consultants and my doctor. These letters prove everything I have been saying so I am starting to feel a lot more well.... not so much confident... but more assured that right may just prevail. Best wishes to you and as has been said many times by others, keep the faith and keept persisting... remember that they WANT you to give up.... dont give them the satisfaction!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #54490 by sally
Replied by sally on topic Re:fibromyalgia
hi penni
re fibromyalgia, dont give up, i had to appeal, but to make you wait that long is awfull, go to the cab office, for help with a new claim, they are very helpfull, and this website is invaluable, so much help and information.

• willie
12 years 11 months ago #54495 by willie
Replied by willie on topic Re:fibromyalgia
Hi I have fibromyalgia do not give up get help with all forms and keep copies . I get dla mobility and care at moment awaiting decision on renewal hope you get there all the best keep your chin up

• fibrofog
12 years 11 months ago #54508 by fibrofog
Replied by fibrofog on topic Re:fibromyalgia
Hi there, I have been refused DLA twice and been through two appeals. I have a new claim in just now and today saw my doctor to go over everything. I tend to go in say about pain and leave with a new prescription, I was totally confused about what I was taking and when I should be taking it, I actually stopped all my medication a couple of weeks ago as I did not think they were helping me at all-how wrong I was! The pain has been much worse so although the medication wasn't eradicating all the pain it was taking the edge off. I used this site for help filling out my DLA application as my local CAB couldn't help me. There is a page at the end (page 61) which can be filled in and taken to your doctor where you can describe in detail the effect your condition has on you. In addition I wrote a letter to the Doctor which I took with me describing all of the effects and how these impact on my daily living. I told her I had applied for DLA and this was to assist her when the DWP write for her opinion. She was very helpful and appreciated me doing this, as a result she reviewed my medication and took the time to explain it properly,has referred me to the chronic pain clinic as well as the gynaecologist, she wants to see me every two weeks for follow up as she has also diagnosed depression. I came out feeling not better but listened to which I didn't feel the other two doctors I saw in the practice did. This may have been because I didn't open up fully to them. Good luck to anyone going through the stress of trying to get the benefits they deserve. I myself plan to continue applying until they recognise my condition and the effect it has on me!

• penrie
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54529 by penrie
Replied by penrie on topic Re:fibromyalgia
Hi, i would like to thank everybody who replied, thanks for you support and advice xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.