× Members

INCAPACITY BENEFIT

• JOHNJ10
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #54530 by JOHNJ10
INCAPACITY BENEFIT was created by JOHNJ10
Hi,
Does anyone know when incapacity benefit became means tested? It is my understanding that anyone in receipt of incapacity benefit before this date is exempt from means testing.if anyone has the answer to these questions i would be very grateful. Thanks johnj10

Mod edit: please do not post in uppercase
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Derek4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #54534 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: INCAPACITY BENEFIT
Hi John

Incapacity Benefit hasn't and isn't going to be means-tested. People claiming contribution-based ESA including IB claimants 'migrated' to CB-ESA will be time limited to 12 months before being subject to means testing.

Regards

Derek

• Selby
12 years 11 months ago #54549 by Selby
Replied by Selby on topic Re: INCAPACITY BENEFIT
I understood that means testing would only apply to people in the WRAG not the support group.

Are you saying it applies to ALL, even those in the support group?

• Survivor
12 years 11 months ago #54551 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: INCAPACITY BENEFIT
You're right about it only applying to people in the WRAG.

• Selby
12 years 11 months ago #54552 by Selby
Replied by Selby on topic Re: INCAPACITY BENEFIT
Phew!

I know I may be "losing it" with the current stress of re-assessment, but that is some small relief anyway!

:)

• Survivor
12 years 11 months ago #54553 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: INCAPACITY BENEFIT
The trouble with answering questions on here is that it can be very difficult to answer a lot of questions without either spending half an hour on all possible details or abbreviating some of the information! Anyway, I'm glad you're less stressed about it with that reassurance. I hope all goes well for you with getting into the support group.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.