× Members

ESA Medical - 0 points across the board

More
12 years 10 months ago #56823 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:ESA Medical - 0 points across the board
More like 15 points as I cannot leave the house unaccompanied at all times, including going to places which I am familiar with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Catherine
12 years 10 months ago #56829 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:ESA Medical - 0 points across the board
Lochlisa.

Your case highlights how deeply flawed the whole assessment process is. You are right to be angry and to contact your MP.

I am so sorry that you are going to have to go through the distress of an appeal - though your MP's involvement could add weight to the reconsideration stage, which is in place for a decision-maker to do exactly that and reconsider all the evidence available to them.

Best wishes and try not to get too depressed or worn out over it - not easy i know. I cannot imagine how you have received 0 points when you had to request a home visit due to the effect your illnesses have on your ability to function.

• RachelPotter
12 years 10 months ago #56830 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA Medical - 0 points across the board
How did you manage to get your home assessment? (rhetorical) This will be to your advantage at appeal

Why you have a carer..again, will be important for appeal.

And obviously you have fatigue etc.

The most important thing will be fitting yourself into the descriptors.

The tribunal panel have a copy infront of them and, in my case, helped fit me to the 3 descriptors I won on.

I wander if your report will be as outrageous as some of the others we have heard about?!

More
12 years 10 months ago #56835 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:ESA Medical - 0 points across the board
My GP faxed ATOS and told them that I was too ill to attend a medical centre for a medical and that it must be carried out at home.

I have a carer as I need encouragement to get up in the morning, I need supervision whilst showering and thereafter I spend most of the day on the sofa with legs up and the carer feeds and waters me all day long until I go to bed. The carer has authority as my blue badge 2nd car and the carer takes me out when required. The carer lives in, has their own room, and checks on me before they go to bed.

Without the carer I would have died a long time ago.

Alas, this doesn't seem to matter to 'them' !

Lisa

• lulusmf Smith
12 years 10 months ago #56837 by lulusmf Smith
Replied by lulusmf Smith on topic Re:ESA Medical - 0 points across the board
When I wrote my rebuttal statement for my appeal yesterday I was able to demonstrate very clearly that the ATOS WCA was a complete farrago! It said I shopped weekly for bread and milk - I have a dairy free diet and our gluten free bread is made at home in a bread machine, as well as having basic info like the amount of stairs in our house being wrongly recorded. In addition it had the fatuous remark that I read novels!! My advice is to go through the ATOS report point by point and demolish it with your own evidence.It took me days as I have limited capacity in my arms and hands but was so worth the pain and effort. Don't give up honey, we are all rooting for you xx

• Graham
12 years 10 months ago #56850 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re:ESA Medical - 0 points across the board
It's a pity these ATOS pen pushers aren't required to attend the tribunal to justify their works of fiction. If they had to then perhaps they would think twice about what they write. Where else can you write such garbage on an official form and not be held to account to justify yourself.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.