× Members

ESA migration

More
12 years 10 months ago #58538 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:ESA migration
So say I get chucked off and have to go onto assessment rate pending my appeal, at which point would they start the clock ticking? At the time of my medical?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58545 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA migration
Just Me wrote:

So say I get chucked off and have to go onto assessment rate pending my appeal, at which point would they start the clock ticking? At the time of my medical?

If you failed the ESA medical as part of the transfer, appealed and subsequently won your case and were placed in the WRAG, the Effective Date of Transfer would still be the date that the Decision had originally been made.

So for example,

- Your transfer begins in June.
- You are Found fit for work on 01/09/11.
- You appeal.
- Your appeal is heard on 13/08/12 and finds in your favour.
- Your ESA claim will be backdated to 01/09/11.
- The year for receiving ESA(CB) in the WRAG will start on 01/09/11 and finish on 30/08/12.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 10 months ago #58549 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Ah, right I think I do. Thanks for that. :)

So when will they start sending out forms asking for finance details that I'll have to fill in? August next year?

More
12 years 10 months ago #58553 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA migration
Just Me wrote:

Ah, right I think I do. Thanks for that. :)

So when will they start sending out forms asking for finance details that I'll have to fill in? August next year?

The finanical information required for ESA is no different from that required for IB, SDA or IS, so there will be no seperate request for this information as part of the transfer, of course, this does not mean that you might not be asked to confirm the information you have previously supplied.

This is obviously different from someone making a new claim for ESA, where this information is required as part of the initial application.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 10 months ago #58555 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Ah right. It's so long ago now that I first claimed IB that I don't remember what I filled in. Not much as far as finances goes If I remember correctly.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.