× Members

DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #58878 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
just thought i would update you,just spoken to DLA mentioned the above about the harrington report and the fact my gp or consultant were not consulted,the answer was"we took medical information from the ATOS medical examiner who conducted a medical in your home"
Interesting?
Jackie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #58926 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
hi the reply you got from DWP is not acceptable phone them again tomorrow and ask to speak to a manager and tell them if you do not get asatisfactory answer you are going to email CHRIS GRAYLING to let him deal with it Ihave a email and phone no you can use keep phoning untill you are sattisfied with the answer peter

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #58972 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
Thank you Peter,i will try again tomorrow.
Jackie.

• lulusmf Smith
12 years 10 months ago #59082 by lulusmf Smith
Replied by lulusmf Smith on topic Re:DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
I quite understand when you say the person in the report is not you - my WCA painted a person who lies on a sofa all day reading Mills & Boon books who then nips out to the shops daily for bread and milk. Parts of the report where, in my opinion a tissue of lies and bore no resemblence to the facts. In my appeal I took apart the WCA report section by section and supported my version with actual medical evidence. I won - so though I know just how hard this all is and would be so easy to chuck it all in please, please do keep going. There are a lot of us out here rooting for you! Take care and every good wish.

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #59140 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re:DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
With reference to my previous posts,you have all been so kind and supportive.
One moment i feel strong and decide to go ahead with an appeal,the next i am weepy and upset and feel i cant cope with it all.this is now a full week since my DLA stopped,i havent had a carer since sunday,i had one 35 hrs a week ,so on the three days my husband works i remain in my night clothes in my bed until he returns home,poor man then has to help me shower and cook a meal for us as well as coping with all the housework.my carer used to do all this,but of course since the carers allowance stopped he cannot afford to help me for nothing.my husband leaves me lunch and drink.
I am very annoyed that the atos medical examiner stated i can walk 150 meters and climb stairs,i only wish i could.
apparently he thought i am capable of cooking a meal and lifting utensils etc,i have not been able to do that for over three years.
Sorry if appear to be moaning,just upset,angry& emotional.
in one week my quality of life has deteriorated to such an extent that i am alone all day,undressed and drinking from a flask of tea.
my husband works part time to help me anyway,we cannot manage financially if he has to give up his job to care for me.
what has all this acheived?i remember mr cameron stating that no genuinely ill person would suffer under the cuts he has proposed to welfare benefits,seems he was not telling the truth and clearly a lot of disabled and sick people are suffering more.
thanks again to all of you for your support
Jackie(jaclac)

• peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #59157 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re:DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
hi Iknow at the moment you probally cant think straight but you can fight this this information will help the contract between DWP and ATOS states further medical evidence schedule4 section4.1 part2 it says 4.5 basis of medical advice 4.5.1 the contractor shall ensure that wherever possible all medical reports and medical evidence are obtained it states from partly but not exclusively a general practioner or a hospital practioner and includes but is not limited to written factual reports hospital case notes including radiological and pathological investigations you need to phone DWP again and tell them this as it is worded if you have no joy come back to the forum the name of the general manager at DWP is stephanie cade keep fighting till you get what you are entitled to peter

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.