× Members

DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED

• Survivor
12 years 9 months ago #58567 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
Look in Help for claimants (left hand side of page, orange box) and you'll find a menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #58571 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re:DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
Hi ,thanks for your reply,its not actually my husband who gets carers allowence for me but another person who is with me 40 hrs a week,
i have decided to go straight for an appeal,will keep in touch if thats ok,and may need more advice and help.
jackie.

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #58572 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re:DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
Thanks just re-read your text,i have had a recent assessment from social services adult care team,they have 5 categories,i think,it may have been 4,for levels of help needed,i qualified for the second highest catergory and received help from them in the form of grab rails,toilet frame, bed rail to help me get in and out of bed,and the offer of a bath seat.i sent this report from adult care to the DLA unit with the form they asked me to complete.
jackie

• peterjclive
12 years 9 months ago #58573 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
hi what disability do you suffer from and do you have consultants who look after you read my posts 58333 and 58340 on 1june any help or advice just ask good luck peter

• jacqueline snooks
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #58628 by jacqueline snooks
Replied by jacqueline snooks on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
Hi Pete,thank you for replying to my thread,i have osteo arhtirits,insulin dependant diabetes,atrial fibrillation,angina,neuropathy,anixety and o.c.d
i have consultants for diabetes,caridac and gyney problems.
Have spent the weekend mentally exhausted and upset,but we have deicded to go for appeal,
regards.Jackie.

• peterjclive
12 years 9 months ago #58630 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re: DLA STOPPED DEVASTATED
hi besides going to appeal you should contact your MP and remind them that atos are now supposed to contact your GP and consultants before any decision is made I would also ring dwp and remind them that these are the guidlines set out in the harrington report and also the coalition goverment tell them you are contacting your MP and you feel taxpayers money is being wasted because atos are not collecting all avaidable information you never know they might have to look at your case again peter

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.