× Members

ESA Support Group with no medical!

More
12 years 9 months ago #62164 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Hi John

I'm pleased to hear that Atos have a miracle cure for your condition. ;)

I've never had sight of an ESA85A but I would imagine that just like the ESA85, many of the statements printed on it are computer generated. The ADA simply ticks boxes or selects phrases on their computer screen.

I have an old report that states in the prognosis that my condition will improve in 12 months with appropriate treatment (and it did according to Atos) but unfortunately they declined to tell me what the appropriate treatment is.

On a more positive note, I have encountered claimants that were given 3-6 months and on their next assessment they were given a much more sensible prognosis.

Good luck

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #62167 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Hi John,
On my report I was told my CHRONIC condition would be miraculiously cured in 6 months! The 6 months has passed and my condition has worsened!

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #62170 by pewtersuitor
Replied by pewtersuitor on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
This post although historical has been removed.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by . Reason: guidelines

More
12 years 5 months ago #76037 by YveClark
Replied by YveClark on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Many thanks for your excellent advice. My son has schizophrenia and we feared he would be given a raw deal. I followed your advice to the letter and atos told me today he will not be having a medical and they have recommended him for the support group. Still to have the DWP confirm, but the advice you give was different from our local AOT's who have had little success with their clients. I am recommending you to everyone including them now. I feel I can breathe again now, thanks so much.

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #76057 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
All the best to you and your family Yve :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #76065 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:ESA Support Group with no medical!
Re: John A's post "The bad/good news is that the‘disability analyst’ states that a return to work could be considered within 12 months! I am so pleased that Atos seem to know of a cure for my degenerative neurological disease!"

Whilst this does indeed seem breathtakingly bizarre I understand that for those claimants put into the SG that 'the return to work' timescale refers to the finding for LCWRA & not WRA. The ESA85A does not make this distinction at all clear as it only states 'I advise that a return to work can be considered in 3/6/12/18 months'. In itself this creates unecessary additional stress for claimants which in turn impacts on existing illnesses.

Is this a deliberate omission by the DWP & Atos or just another example of the 'cock up' theory? Take your pick!

mayflower

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.