× Members

atos phone harrassment re medical

More
12 years 10 months ago #58916 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic Re:atos phone harrassment re medical
Did you get the name of the obnoxious person on the phone? If so a formal complaint needs sending. Dont give up, fight back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peterjclive
12 years 10 months ago #58921 by peterjclive
Replied by peterjclive on topic Re:atos phone harrassment re medical
hi lisa just read your post it has bought tears to my eyes read my posting no 55198 to ill to attend medical from 1month 3weeks ago and follow up my guidlines if you need any more advice just ask peter

• Andy
12 years 10 months ago #58931 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:atos phone harrassment re medical
Hi Lisa

I was really shocked by what has happened to you. This is a truly awful, disgusting series of events, and I hope things get sorted out quickly.

I agree with others about getting on to your MP immediately. If they're any good they'll put a rocket up the appropriate person at ATOS.

One thing your story illustrates is the importance of keeping a written log of all phone contacts with ATOS and DWP: date, time, name and what was said. It's great that you've done that and it's important ammunition for your case.

One journalist in particular has impressed me as telling the truth about the treatment of the disabled and those on benefits. Here is a link to some of her stuff:
www.guardian.co.uk/profile/ameliagentleman

I'm not sure how you contact her, but you could maybe send a short email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and see if that gets through.

I really hope this gets sorted out soon - including a personal apology from the CEO of ATOS! And I hope you take heart from all the support expressed on this forum.

All the best,
Andy.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58947 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:atos phone harrassment re medical
Lisa

Unfortunately ATOS are not obliged to grant a home medical, and failure to attend the ESA medical will (eventually) result in your claim being closed and payments stopped.

I'm not sure from your post whether you have supported your request for a Home medical examination with a letter from your GP, regarding your husbands inability to attend an ATOS office.

If not, you should contact your GP immediately and get him to fax a suitable letter to the ATOS medical centre, there is usually a FAX number on any correspondance they have sent you, failing that call the centre up and ask for it.

If you have, the you can try contacting the DWP and ask for manager, this is a long shot, as ATOS are solely responsible for handling the medicals, but the DWP may be more sympathetic, and be willing to get ATOS to change their decision.

You can try contacting your MP, but I would be concerned about you being able to do so before the next medical is due, but it may still be worth a go.

Please keep us up to date on how this goes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 10 months ago #58956 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:atos phone harrassment re medical
Lisa just wanted to say how sorry i am.
Take care, hugs to you and hubby

Carole

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Magic
12 years 10 months ago #58970 by Magic
Replied by Magic on topic Re:atos phone harrassment re medical
Disgusted you have been treated so dreadfully. I harnessed support from my MP when going through the ESA application and medical. He wrote To DWP and I got a concilliatory phone call from ATOS explaining that my husband, fully contenant and moderately mobile, could have a home visit. Do get all the extrenal support you can to expose the shame of this degrading treatment. My thoughts are with you. All bullies give way when they are confronted and their cowardice is exposed.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.