× Members

Atos complaint useless?

• John
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #61943 by John
Atos complaint useless? was created by John
I recently received my third reply from Atos after my complaint was reviewed by the national manager of whatever....

They just do not want to know whatsoever about the complaint. They have given me the same answer three times even though I have had legitimate argument each time they come up with the same answer....appears I do not understand what a DLA functional assessment is....hahahaha after 2 years reading all this stuff, I KNOW.

I have now made my complaint to the GMC against the Dr and his conduct and assessment, I wanted Atos to sort it out (short phrase removed by moderator), I had 2 witnesses at my assessment to back this up as well as myself so fingers crossed the GMC look properly into my complaint.

Anybody had any experience to share regarding the GMC and complaints against the Dr?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by . Reason: unsuitable phrase removed - please refer to FAQs - Survivi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zombii
12 years 8 months ago #62011 by zombii
Replied by zombii on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
Hi,

I'm sorry that your complaints have fallen on deaf ears...I can imagine how frustrated you must feel. I haven't had any experience with the GMC but I did recently complain about my DLA medical with Atos and the subsequent report that was written. Thankfully they upheld my complaint. I am not sure if this will help, but in my complaint I told them I was going to take legal action...it seemed to make them take me seriously.

I don't know if that's an approach you have already tried...if not, I would give it ago.

Best of luck with it, I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.

x

• John
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #62223 by John
Replied by John on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
Thank you

To be honest I am a little astouded by the response 3 times now from Atos about my complaint.

They continually say I misunderstand what this 'functional assessment' is for. They refer to my DLA medical in 3 different ways in 1 letter.

My complaint is the whole debacle from the start was conducted wrongly, p[oorly, unprofessional and since the complaint process started the DR has not been truthful and that is not acceptable. I would hate anybody to get the same dr I endured and I would be failing in my duty as another health professional if I did not report it. I have done and given Atos and the Dr all the opportuity to respond, apologise, maybe say they will retrain him or whatever but the response gives really just the indication that I am stupid and don't understand the process.....hmmm they will heopfully live to regret that.

I either give up and let everybody else down or I fight on and get justice for myself and help others along the way.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Derek4. Reason: potentially libellous word removed

More
12 years 8 months ago #63089 by tjayne65
Replied by tjayne65 on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
i too have written 3 letters of complaint to atos about their "medical assessors" mess of a medical report and they have told me i am wrong and the medical is fine even though he says i have 5 children, (3)bought my home? (council) i tire easily when in my wheelchair (i have nothing wrong with my legs and have never even sat in a wheelchair ) oh and lastly my condition is subjective. i see consultant at pain clinic 6 monthly due to spondylosis and have 6 monthly epidural pain relief in my neck, iv had a jaw replacement already and am on fentinal patches all of the time.
Because of this idiot i lost my dla completly for over a year -was restored yesterday at appeal. he was wrong - he gets paid even though he doesnt do his job correctly!! how many other jobs does that happen in? He has cost tax payers thousands taking me and others through the appeal process and to top it off i got "legal aid" and was represented at the appeal by a solicitor. what a waste of money which could have been used to help disabled people more. it is scandalous this is happening as in the end got reversed and i will be paid for the last 14 months anyway -not that it will make up for the suffering due to worry and lack of money iv gone throuhg in last year!! it is a national disgrace!!! The complaints are not dealt with correctly and nothing seems to change. i have not got the energy to continue my atos complaint. so as of today them evil lying moneygrabbers can do what thyey please we cant stop them. nothing can.

• Graham
12 years 8 months ago #63092 by Graham
Replied by Graham on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
Just thinking aloud. If ATOS medical is a complete fabrication and it can be proved as such. Maybe extensive notes or a recording was made; could they be sued for causing emotional and financial stress? Maybe the financial side in small claims court? As I said just thinking aloud.

• Andy
12 years 8 months ago #63094 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
Hi, tjayne

Seems to me this would be a great example to take to your MP. Very clear cut that ATOS incompetence has cost you AND the taxpayer (in different ways).

Andy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.