× Members

Atos complaint useless?

More
12 years 8 months ago #63098 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
Graham wrote:

Just thinking aloud. If ATOS medical is a complete fabrication and it can be proved as such. Maybe extensive notes or a recording was made; could they be sued for causing emotional and financial stress? Maybe the financial side in small claims court? As I said just thinking aloud.

There may be circumstances whereby legal action on the grounds of tort of negligence may be pursued, but it would be essential to consult a solicitor to see if there would be (sufficient) legal grounds to consider such an action, and also whether civil legal help funding would be available to prosecute legal proceedings in court?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #63099 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
Quite right this should go to your MP. These tests are being justified on the grouds of alleged savings - where's the savings in cases like yours?

BB

More
12 years 8 months ago #63103 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Atos complaint useless?
The so-called savings will probably be negated by the fact that ESA appeals are costing in excess of £50 million a year, and as 40% of appellants are successful with these appeals, there is a strong likelihood that it is in fact a false economy.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #63132 by mandy76
Replied by mandy76 on topic Re: Atos complaint useless?
I made a complaint against a doctor who examined me for a truama related work injury. He wrote a very, very detailed and personal report; obtained my NHS records from my Occi health file; and, provided the full report to my employer all without my knowledge or consent and which was then faxed around different departments for all to see. I complained to the GMC about the doctor. They did not uphold my complaint. I then submitted evidence and they said they would investiage the doctor under Rule 12 but after about 3 months they basically did not uphold my complaint. But having contacted the Faculty of Occupational Medicine I was told that what the doctor had done was wrong. In the end my ex-employer recognised this and apologised etc but the doctor got away with it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.