× Members

Atos Medical

• frater1
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #61982 by frater1
Replied by frater1 on topic Re:Atos Medical
Dave, you make a good point about how one is assumed to behave in certain circumstances.

The only thing I would add is that in another part of the report the medic noted how embarrassed I am about the incontinence, and how awful I find it. Nevertheless, it pays to be actually very aware of the importance of being how we feel rather than trying to put a brave and cheery face.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #62023 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Atos Medical
I sought expert advise (aunt incont nurse) as people talk about on here how when you get to medicals and what you ware all makes a differance .... I said without nameing anyone what was wrote in the post and my views on it, as I thought ... eager had set the HCP bells ringing

I was correct :silly: she said that people normaly dont talk about such things and would not unless trying to prove a point whip a bag out
a to z says
Many people with faecal incontinence however fail to seek medical attention because of a reluctance to discuss the condition, fear of social stigma
medical hand book says
However, less than a third of affected people seek medical help,
through reluctance to discuss their problem, or fear that nothing can be
done.
atos says much the same

so my advice is if asked at a medical... with atos you have to be on your guard not be too keen to show your bag which of course you need to have

IS there anything you dont have to be on your guard for at an atos medical??????????

More
12 years 8 months ago #62024 by denetta74
Replied by denetta74 on topic Re:Atos Medical
My report actually states 'did not make rocking movements (rocking may indicate anxiety)'. So does fidgeting and nail biting which I did but obviously their booklet doesn't specify these!!

• originaldave
12 years 8 months ago #62029 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Atos Medical
denetta74 wrote:

My report actually states 'did not make rocking movements (rocking may indicate anxiety)'. So does fidgeting and nail biting which I did but obviously their booklet doesn't specify these!!

not an expert but "fidgeting and nail biting" are done by many people with no problems at all ... so many people cant sit still at school on a bus the list is endless ... ask your dr

More
12 years 8 months ago #62303 by denetta74
Replied by denetta74 on topic Re:Atos Medical
I agree I was just highlighting that the assessing doctors seem to stick to written guidelines without looking at other things that may be factors.

• fedupn45
12 years 8 months ago #62349 by fedupn45
Replied by fedupn45 on topic Re:Atos Medical
The very same was stated in my medical report that because I wasn't rocking to and fro I wasn't anxious. I was in tears for part of my medical recalling events that had led to my depression, but hey I didn't rock so am fine according to ATOS - unbelievable. They also made an assumption that I had dealt with my divorce well - how the heck (could use stronger words) they came to that conclusion is beyond me. I was a complete wreck and carried through the horrific ordeal with the complete support from my family. I didn't cope at all and it has left me very depressed. How dare they make assumptions. Needless to say this is included in my appeal :angry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.