× Members

DWP sent off my letter as a complaint ?

• Loopylou862
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #63002 by Loopylou862
DWP sent off my letter as a complaint ? was created by Loopylou862
Hi everyone, i appealed the dwp decison after haveing DLA stopped although i was awarded till Aug 2012 and they used the atos medical report to which i wrote and refuted this in detail for my appeal, the dwp wrote to me and said they had sent to medical services on my behalf as a complaint. does his mean they felt it was a strong enough rebutle to warrent compalint and as they based their decsion on this report they were wrong? i have heard no more in writing from them and in my letter requested why they have taken over the 12 weeks time limit for a decsion on my appeal i asked if this was just moving the goal posts? no response in writing at all. i have had a letter from Medical services saying they are looking at the complaint? Any ideas or advice from any ne who has had this, i just dont know wht to do now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #63003 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DWP sent off my letter as a complaint ?
Hi Loopylou

Did you appeal using the GL24 form and send it within a month of the decision letter dis-entitling you to DLA?

Did you also receive a confirmation letter that your appeal has been received?

Derek

• Loopylou862
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #63036 by Loopylou862
Replied by Loopylou862 on topic Re:DWP sent off my letter as a complaint ?
Hi Derek,

Yes we did all of that and have letter confirming appeal and another saying usual we are still looking sorry for delay!blahblah...! so as you can see very confused :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #63045 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DWP sent off my letter as a complaint ?
Hi Loppylou

The DWP sometimes ask Atos for a second opinion of the medical evidence (shows they have some doubt in Atos!) but I've never heard of them making a complaint to Atos on an appellant's behalf.

There is no official time-limit regarding how long an appeal can take to process and they are usually held up when the DWP have to contact Atos.

Good luck, I hope your not kept waiting too long.

Derek

• Loopylou862
  • Topic Author
12 years 8 months ago #63046 by Loopylou862
thanks you Derek,

I too thought this was not right but will keep waiting and also will write to them again so that we have something in writing.

• Loopylou862
  • Topic Author
12 years 7 months ago #65633 by Loopylou862
Can anyone help i recieved letter back from medical services with usual reply doctor's report was ok and now have had a letter from dwp saying they are not changing the decison to stop my dla. it is so unfair as i said before i won this at tribunal and the doctors report is totally wrong i have made an appointment at my doctors to go through his report as it was filed in by another gp who i dont see and i am awaiting to see my consultant on 31st for results of my latest scan. what do i do now it seems they have completley ignored my letter and after they decided to send my letter of appeal to the med ser as a complaint without asking me in the first place ( i have letter from dwp saying the had sent it off as a compalint) i feel so lost and let down how do i fight it? do i have to go to appeal again i cant beleive they have done this after winning it at tribunal in front of 3 panel - help appreciated many thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.