× Members

recorded delivery

• RachelPotter
12 years 8 months ago #63877 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:recorded delivery
Also, last time I went to see an advisor, he handed me a 'special envelope' to send correspondence back in.

According to him, letters to and from his department were being 'lost' at the local sorting office and it was being investigated!

Wonder if this happens in other parts of the country? This was Southampton.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #63878 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:recorded delivery
Crazydiamond wrote:

I agree entirely with your sentiments. Indeed, when I worked for the DSS we never dealt with claimants by telephone and were instructed not to do so, for the very reasons stated in your post.

Unfortunately, any correspondence with the DWP and/or Atos must be communicated by recorded delivery, as it appears that the alleged non-receipt of correspondence has become an unwelcome practice within these organisations!

Totally agree with you CD, on the recorded delivery as well!

I know some people would say that it can become expensive, but when you weigh that cost up against what you could loose through not doing it, it falls into insignificance.

cheers

bro58

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #63879 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:recorded delivery
bro58 wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

I agree entirely with your sentiments. Indeed, when I worked for the DSS we never dealt with claimants by telephone and were instructed not to do so, for the very reasons stated in your post.

Unfortunately, any correspondence with the DWP and/or Atos must be communicated by recorded delivery, as it appears that the alleged non-receipt of correspondence has become an unwelcome practice within these organisations!

Totally agree with you CD, on the recorded delivery as well!

I know some people would say that it can become expensive, but when you weigh that cost up against what you could loose through not doing it, it falls into insignificance.

cheers

bro58

A quick comic interlude on this subject.

Royal Mail will love us for promoting the use of recorded delivery, maybe we should ask for a referal fee !!! LOL.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 8 months ago #63880 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:recorded delivery
bro58 wrote:

nesey1 wrote:

Can i just let you know, I contacted my benefit office today because i sent my esa50 form back on 25th June just normal delivery in their prepaid envelope, and i have still not had a letter to confirm atos have received my form. My form had to be in by 2nd aug. The lady in the dwp benefit office advised me that if they had not received it they send a reminder letter after a certain time to request to return the form. So i am just taking her word for it. she did give me a freephone no 0800 2888777. to ring and check with them.I tried ringing the number today and i was on hold for 30 mins, so i hung up.

They have supposedly increased the capacity of their call handling.

That wouldn't be too difficult because Atos only employed 57 call centre operators to deal with ESA enquiries for the whole country, in the first place!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• nesey1
12 years 8 months ago #63898 by nesey1
Replied by nesey1 on topic Re:recorded delivery
Hi Everyone, I have just got through to Atos with the freephone telephone number this morning, it took me 2 mins to get through, I have just been advised that my form was received on the 1st July and my case is still getting looked at by their doctors, so lets wait and see.

More
12 years 8 months ago #63917 by darrenay
Replied by darrenay on topic Re:recorded delivery
hi all
further to my original post, it is now the 4th of august day my forms had to be in.i checked with the post office again this morning and guess what forms have not been picked up from po box, that is now 10 days. i phoned atos this morning to see what was going on, i spoke to a guy called tom, he would not give his surname he asked for my national insurance number and when i told him he said we have no records of that number. when i explained what was going on with the po box and that my forms had to be in by today and that my benefit could be stopped because of this he suddenly said oh wait a minuite the forms were recieved and they were asking my doctor to fill in some forms for more info goodbye. i have sat and thought about this a bit and have been wandering how could he know this as to atos at the moment i do not exist on their sytem, makes you wander what atos are up to.
best regards

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.